bibliography manager for ipad

does anyone know of a bibliography manager for ipad? i’m looking for something that (ideally) will interface with bookends, which is my reference manager on my macs.

i could probably use filemaker for this, but i’d prefer something that i didn’t have to take the time to create, if it’s there.

Both Papers and Sente have fully fledged iPad apps but I have no personal experience with either and do not know if importing requires the equivalent program on the Mac as well or if you could export a common format from Bookends and import that into Sente or Papers on the iPad.
That said, I am eyeing an iPad precisely for the purpose of easing the paper reading business so report back if you will.

Prion

I remember to have recently read in bookends’ site that the developer is working on an iPad version.

I have Papers on my iPhone and it’s brilliant. Unfortunately, the phone is just a bit too small for reading academic articles. As soon as I can afford an iPad, I’ll be buying one in order to read journal articles and academic texts - it will make my thesis research so much easier*.

I don’t know how it would syncing with Bookends as I use Papers on my desktop too.

[size=85]*The irony is I probably won’t be able to afford one until after I finish my thesis[/size]

I have Sente, both on my Mac and my iPad. Setting up synchronization requires a few steps, but once it is done, it works smoothly. I used to use Bookend, but the clunky interface and the steep upgrade path pushed me to Sente.

Lots of info here about Endnote for iPad.
tinyurl.com/4427lft
It’s allegedly in the works for release in 2011.

:unamused: Don’t we have enough EndNote already? :wink:

thanks for the replies. i looked at sente, and if i was at the beginning of this process, i’d certainly download the trial and probably buy it. however, given that i’m NOT at the beginning of this process, i think i’m going to wait and see what the bookends version for ipad looks like.

if it’s a flop, then i’ll wander back to sente and give it a deeper look.

thanks again.