USER POLL-WHICH 3 FEATURES DO YOU WANT SECOND AFTER RELEASE?

WHICH 3 FEATURES DO YOU WANT SECOND AFTER RELEASE?

• EPub and .MOBI eBook generation from compile
  • peg-Multimarkdown & Latex support
  • Metadata
  • Multiple project notes
  • Comments and footnotes in inspector
  • Text editor layouts
  • Sync with Simplenote
  • FinalDraft import and export
  • Customizable icons for binder, cork board and outliner
  • Full screen background customization & free form cork board
0 voters

This poll runs for two full weeks. You may select your next highest priority for 3 choices - assuming you have made your top priority choice in the previous poll titled:

You can change your vote at anytime during the next two weeks.

Lee

“Sync with Simplenote”

Is it possible to vote for Sync with Evernote?

I’m not familiar with Simplenote - so am unable to make a vote on this …

Prior to using Scrivener I used Onenote primarily because I could use the auto-sync facility and move between PC and laptop with the assistance of a flashdrive, knowing my work would be synched correctly, and by default give me three copies in case of “you know what”.

Would it be possible for something similar to be added to Scrivener?

Otherwise, of the choices given, I have no strong feelings in any direction…

you can get this behavior by storing your Scrivener (and OneNote) folders on Dropbox (db.tt/HLZTgog)

What I would really like is help with academic work flow through integration with a referencing programme. I use Menderly (mendeley.com) which has a published API for this purpose but Bibtex would be just as useful.

Regards
Jeffrey

Interesting. I will look into Menderly. I’ve used Bibtex before as part of a LaTex suite. Not sure about timings but Scrivener as a serious academic writing app most definitely needs to cater for this type of thing.
Lee

As a novel writer, what I really, really, passionately would like to be able to list frequently used phrases, to check for over-use.
For instance, it might say:
“at that moment” = 45 instances
and I could go “whoops!” and go to each in turn, and change some of them to something else.

I also wanted to be able to change the background screen colour when writing - thank-you for that!

Actually, any consideration for creating the capability to sync with Google Docs? Thanks.

Hello - I am one of the academic writers you mentioned concerning BibTex - although as a Windows user I use Endnote. So that would be good.
My other priority (my ‘first’) would be a freeform corkboard for laying out the order of text. If I have a variety of ‘topics’ (one for each card) each one may have a variety of ‘dependencies’ - a list of other topics that must be covered first (perhaps colour coded). I need to organize these in a valid order.
There are various algorithms for this: e.g. take a topic (card) with no dependencies and put it in the first row; cross out all dependency flags to this topic in the remaining cards; take another topic with no dependencies and put it the second row; repeat until all cards are done.
(It is probably better to take all topics with no dependencies each time, not just one: the result is like a solitaire game, with many rows of different length on the corkboard.)
This would fit with what my wall looks like when I get going. All I really need is to have a standard corkboard where I can have independent rows of differing lengths.
Thanks for listening! I am awestruck by what you have achieved in such a short time.
Chris Gold

Aye, it’s a solution, but I’ve no interest in using things like dropbox …

I’d like the ability to chose a new font colour for editing.

I would like a “scene” label added in the drop down where “chapter” is, in the inspector. With a different color.

You can press ‘Edit’ at the bottom of the list and add it yourself.

Being as it is that I am always asking for a second helping at the dinner table, I would like to add a word of praise for all the hard work that has gone into this project and ask for:

I love the Name Generator. I only wish it had two more features: a way to enter my own new names, and a way to get first name and last name from the same nationality. As it is, now, I have to name my Aleuts with a Scandinavian first name and Aleut last name, or vice versa. Thanks!

Or, on a similar note, some kind of collaboration function that will let me work on a document at the same time that a co-writer is working on it?

1. Freeform corkboard

2. EPUB and MOBI from Compile

3. Metadata

But the program is terrific as is!

I registered just to agree with this. Once Scrivener has MMD/LaTeX support (a feature I’d also love to see soon), and if Mendeley support were to be built in, my academic workflow would be ideal. I don’t know the details about the Mendeley API, but I’m sure if you’re able to implement it, Scrivener would become much more appealing to me and some of my colleagues.

An integration with Mendeley (www.mendeley.com) would be fantastic. Een a drag and drop function would be helpful, if plug-in is to work intensive. Many thanks. D.

Does the “free form cork board” means we can move each scene freely? If so, that’ll be so cool! But I’m worried it will just make us confused, though, if we don’t keep everything in order. It can be useful, granted, especially with the way we can rant the scenes like a mind map. But if too complicated it’ll just be troublesome.

The freeform corkboard is in a way like another view option–you can flip between it and the regular corkboard. Moving cards (ie, documents) in the freeform corkboard doesn’t affect their place in the binder (or, consequently, in the regular corkboard or outliner) unless you specifically click a button to commit the order. In that case, the documents in the binder will be reordered according to criteria you select to match your freeform arrangement as much as possible, e.g. listing the cards starting at the top left and moving over and down. You can arrange cards in the freeform corkboard and leave them without committing their order, switching back to the regular corkboard or other views which still display the true binder arrangement, and then back to freeform without losing your custom arrangement.

So your binder organization always stays intact, and everything in the interface works as usual, but you get the additional option of special view where you can arrange a container’s documents non-linearly. I find this a great place for brainstorming fiction, when I’m not ready to order things in list form yet but like to cluster related ideas as elements develop into scenes or events move around as I figure out how they’re related. Freeform corkboard on the Mac works for viewing static Collections, too, so it’s easy to pull together documents from all over your binder to view and move around together (without affecting their placement in the hierarchy).