What screencast tips would you like?

Keith I would really like to see how you setup and use Scrivener to write you novel. Thanks.

I too agree with a video documentary as to how the Manual was compiled within Scrivener. We can all learn so much from that kind of broadcast.

I’ve been looking almost every day for when the tutorial .zip file appears on the Support page, but alas, I haven’t seen it yet. :frowning:

But a documentary would be even better, IMO.

Best,

Michael

Compiling - The Idiot’s Guide for Dummies Without Really Trying, the facts raw, naked and unadorned.

Will there be any more screencasts made by David? I look everyday at the youtube channel and the video tutorials in hopes that there will be something new!

I love video tutorials that present little tricks and tips that I might not have thought about. And even the usual tutorials I love.

I’ve actually watched the Introduction to Scrivener video more than ten times, at least. I’ll lie in bed with it maximized and have it play. Sometimes I’ll fall asleep to it!

I know, I’m a hopeless nerd.

Anyhow, David, if you’re listening: Please make some more screencasts for the lovers of Scrivener like I am. (However, I tend to like them longer than shorter. The more the better!)

Best,

Michael

Hi,

Yes, don’t worry, there are a whole heap of other screencasts we have on the list for David to make. :slight_smile: However, following the release of 2.0, and now us getting ready for the App Store, and then with the Windows version coming, David has been snowed under with other stuff. Hopefully he’ll be able to start working on screencasts again in the next couple of months though.

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

I absolutely agree. Crib David Hewson’s ideas. :smiley:

Workflows, especially complicated ones, would be nice.

And Kevin, they would be great selling tools bridging the Mac and Win worlds. It’s a helluva lot easier to say this feature is in Mac/Win only for the moment/ever than to cover it seven different ways on your site.

One idea that would serve the non-fiction crowd (journalists, lawyers, tech writers, long-book authors.)

If you’re working on a long non-fiction document with lots of research, including PDFs that you need to import, comment on, or link to. (What to do before importing into Scrivener, what to leave outside of Scrivener, and what Scrivener can handle better than spreading research all over databases, Evernote, the iPad, and files, etc., or even another Scriv proj.)

Another request, and this could be a quick-and-dirty with no technical whizzbangs required:

Put up the compile dialogues and explain every feature. “If you select this, this will happen…” “If you select that, you won’t get this…” Etcetera.

But that’s what the manual does… :question:

Actually a full compile screencast is on the list. But I still have no idea who Kevin is…

The forum gremlin!

This is what happens when you work on a Saturday…

OH, KEITH, I am so sorry! I’ve been on this forum for three years and this is the first time I made that idiotic mistake. I must have seen the not Kevin tag as I typed and stupidly used it. :blush:

Ain’t that the truth, and after a night of flavored vodkas with friends — Sweet Tea Vodka, anyone? — which I rarely if ever drink.

I’ll let you off just this once, seeing as it is a Saturday night and I’m full of cheer (i.e. alcohol). :slight_smile:

Ah, Saturday night, where ch so easily becomes b.

I like this idea, will save on notebooks and scraps of paper :smiley:

So obvious. Why didn’t I realize it?

I’ve come up with a (flattering) solution.

I just started working with a guy named Kevin. Work related.

So you, Keith, are K2 for me from here on. Second highest mountain after Everest. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you haven’t seen it already, there’s a thread (likely more than one) about this in the Zen section, and AndreasE shared some tips and a template (further down the thread) to give an idea of how one could have a “master project list” in Scrivener.