Winner who used Scrivener: Windows

st
stevecook
Platform: Windows

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:24 pm Post

Hi,

I'd just like to say, thank you so much for making Scrivener a Windows application. Anyone who goes on the Bug forum may have seen my name, especially in the first two weeks. I had no end of problems getting it to work, and despaired of using it.

Midway through Week 3, I bought a new netbook; my old one was on the blink. I installed Scrivener 1.3 on it, and it worked like a dream. I have had no other errors with it, apart from the font, which I know is something that will be fixed on release.

The whole experience was made that much easier through using Scrivener as an organisational tool, and I feel that my novel is a much deeper experience as a result. I will definitely be looking to purchase Scrivener: Windows when it comes out.

My heartfelt thanks,

-Steve Cook
NaNoWriMo 2010 winner.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:09 am Post

Congratulations on your book! I'm glad to hear that Scrivener helped your out in the writing this month. Here's to a year of editing. :)
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

sa
sablebadger

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:07 pm Post

High five!

Me too. This is my first win at NaNo as well, and I owe it all to Scrivener for Windows. really, it just worked!

badger

garpu
Platform: Linux

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:24 pm Post

Congrats!!

Cracked 40K yesterday. Here's hoping I can catch up. :)
Slackware-current 64-bit, XFCE

StaceyUK
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:31 pm Post

garpu wrote:Congrats!!

Cracked 40K yesterday. Here's hoping I can catch up. :)

Cheers you on.

I've finished it as well.
Blessings, Stacey

System Specs

Windows 7
Scrivener 1.9.7 / 2.8 /3.0.3/1.1.5 (1301)
Scapple 1.0.0.0
Windows 2.9.0.26 Beta

li
livinglighthouse

Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:32 am Post

Another NaNo winner today.........thanks to Scrivener!

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:56 pm Post

Well done!
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

olorinpc

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:11 am Post

Well done all! Great to hear of some first time attempts at NaNo (and first victories!) and enjoying the software as well!

Enjoy the feeling of accomplishment - you earned it!
Jakob Barnard
EpicPlains.com

Writer, Editor, Blogger

Ce
Cerebus06

Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:43 pm Post

I'd like to say something here as well.

As an aspiring writer I've always had a big issue getting to a point in any of my stories and either losing interest (at the time), or losing the plot, or something. I just never seemed to be able to finish anything but very short stories.

I entered NaNo this year with the goal in mind to actually start, write, and finish a full length novel for the first time... and happily, I can say I actually did finally complete it last night.

When I started on Nov 1st with NaNo, I'd planned on simply using MS Word for writing it, but quickly realized it was just too tedious to have multiple programs open that I referred to regularly (outlines, notes, etc.). In looking around, I found Scrivener for Windows... having only heard of it in passing before. On a whim I decided to download it.

I can honestly say that without Scrivener I would most likely not have completed NaNo this year. This software is invaluable (to me anyway), and I fully plan on purchasing the product when it's released. Easy to use, easily organized, it's just an awesome piece of software.

Thank you so much!

NJ
NJHeart2Heart
Platform: Mac

Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:53 pm Post

Congrats to the NaNo winners this year! I am a two time winner ('07 and 09) but could not do it this year due to other committments.
However, I did discover Scrivener for Mac the last couple weeks and am loving my experience so far.

Dawn in NJ
Dawn in NJ, aka "NJHeart2Heart"
Scrapbooker (paper based) | Photographer (Lightroom 4) | Family Historian (Reunion for Mac, Scrivener) | Christian (faith based ) |Work computer - WinXP; Home computer - MacbookPro2009

st
stevecook

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:17 pm Post

Really glad that so many people have used Scrivener for success, just as I did. I think it's wonderful that I had a 'new toy' to play with in Scrivener, and finding out all about it kept my interest high. I can honestly say that I don't want to write in anything else. Full release now please :D

Bo
Bonnie

Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:45 pm Post

I loved using it for Nano this year!

I was able to stay focused on what I was doing and keep everything close to hand. Of course my Other Half telling me he was willing to get me the software once the retail went out, if I made my word count and all, helped me too. I finished with 80K.

Its cool too to have friends call and ask you if you made your word count for the day.

Bonnie

te
teacherguy66

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:55 pm Post

I want to throw my hat into this ring as well. I wrote almost none of my novel this year in MS Word. I wrote almost all of it in Scrivener or on my Neo. Scrivener really helped me in the planning stages, and I plan on using it for two upcoming writing projects that I have in mind.