Scrivener 2.0 - Coming Soon (No, Really)

Alright, alright, we’ll bear with you.

[attachment=0]patient_bear.jpg[/attachment]
patient_bear.jpg

I am so glad he didn’t say “bare with us.”

About the new website… why am I asked username and password to load literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php ?

I’m pretty sure you can ignore that. I did–just click it closed.

[size=100]Because the site isn’t officially live yet.[/size]

[size=200]Please, please, for the love of all that is holy, wait![/size] :slight_smile:

Please, please, for the love of all that is holy, wait!

Apparently writers can’t read very well. Or they can, but choose to ignore.

I’m waiting patiently… can I have a discount? (JK)

My apologies, Keith. Walked like a duck, quacked like a duck…

my apologies :slight_smile:

But I can’t take the wait any longer!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Um.
I’m sorry.
I’m a NaNo participant.
I’m not very stable right now.

Okay. I’m not very stable, ever.

Hi Keith,

Sorry about that. I honestly thought it was open for purchase already. I was in the Nanwrimo preview version when I clicked on the link to the support page for an updated manual. And voila! there was the new site with all the info for purchase, so…I didn’t hesitate.

Hope nothing will be missing from my copy of 2.0. EEK!

Best,

Shrumpkin

I don’t know that phrase, but I like it. :slight_smile: Right, now we’re live… Announcing properly right now!

Same here. I purchased my new copy and downloaded it before Keith started giving out his warnings. Try to remember what it looks like to us mere mortals – we’re happy to wait for an announcement, but we don’t know what form that announcement will take. We don’t know if we’re waiting for a complete site-roll (which turned out to be the case), or simply for a download link to go live (which it appeared to).

That’s what you get for having so many fans!

SCRIVENERATI!!
There was a time when the only thing we old Scriv sea dogs had to worry about, was: How come there are so many PORTLANDERS! They`re breeding like bilge rats!! ARRRGH!!!:frowning:

I massively appreciate the enthusiasm, don’t worry - just trying to answer and keep on top of things at the same time.
Thanks!
Keith
P.S. Re-download now if you got a copy with no help manual.

Site crashing in 3, 2, 1…

I think the first thing to buy when the registrations start coming in might be a bandwidth upgrade. Now that the Windows folks are coming on board, you’ll need it.

But seriously, congratulations!

I’ll be waiting until the dust settles to download my copy – the site right now is like the iTunes Store on Christmas morning – but I have no doubt it will be worth the wait.

Katherine

All is running smoothly. The new website is gorgeous, by the way!

I don’t know KB. The new look is…

That popping sound you heard, that was KB.

Hi Keith. Just downloaded 2.0. Seems like things were driving you a little crazy, with everyone trying to get their hands on 2.0 before it was ready. This is a sure sign that everyone worships Scrivener and has fallen in love with your nifty piece of software. You can be truly proud of what you and the whole team have achieved with this upgrade. I am relatively new to the whole Scrivener experience, but so far am loving it. The free upgrade process was smooth and trouble free, and now my novel will come on in leaps and bounds. A heartfelt thanks to you and everyone at Lit n Lat. Well done!!!

Thanks all!

For the record, users weren’t driving me crazy - I appreciate the enthusiasm, believe me - only getting a billion and one things ready was killing me, as I would have liked to have released hours ago. David and Ioa have been working their socks off too. )

Thanks again! Now it’s time to open the champagne.

Oh, and kewms, yes, I’m already looking into upgrading the site, it seems we’re at the stage where we need it.

Best,
Keith

Thanks, Keith. Looks great.
You missed Spooks, though. Great episode tonight!