What templates do you want in Scrivener 2.0?

So your request is for “fiction templates” then? :wink:

Hey, keep it clean! Such comments have no place in a Scrivener forum. You and I may not be believers, but the writing of sermons is a perfectly legitimate use of Scrivener.

I don’t know if this is doable from a copyright standpoint, but awhile back I posted a Save The Cat template for Scrivener which divided the binder up into STC beats:

https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/corkboard-scrivener-vs-save-the-cat/3525/5

I don’t personally use it, and I’m not in love with STC, but it’s the kind of thing that might be useful for others.

Hi,

what about a Use Case Template for Software Development. I think Scrivener would make a great tool for this use case:

• Linking Use Cases
  • Tagging with Level, Approval
  • Keywords for Actors
  • Gather/reference requirements

A template for Use Cases can be found at
alistair.cockburn.us/Use+case+fundamentals under the section “The Use Case Forms”.

Christian (eagerly waiting for 2.0)

Perfect timing.

DELETED

Thanks! And yes eventually we intend to have a page with templates created by users as well as ones we’ve created that might be too obscure for general usage in the installation.

Try zipping the .scrivproject file up before uploading.

The Sermon Template has been deleted

DELETED

DELETED

I’m taking a look at it for feasibility. One thing I noticed in your original is that you left the NaNoWriMo hot-links in the Project References, as well as the Daily Target document template. Otherwise though, it looks really great! Thanks for making these available. I’ll give a whirl tomorrow and see if it imports directly. If it works in 10 minutes then that’s great, but since there are a few lurking RTF bugs, it might need to be deferred until beta 2 or 3.

DELETED

I am very dissappointed :frowning: I planed to create a scrivener project for my poems… But I found that Scrivener 2.0 does not have tags :frowning: For example, I can not create collection that containes my poems from 2000 till 2009 etc Keywords are not the tags. I like MacJournal’s tag system… and I thought that Scrivener 2.0 has tags… I dont understand why so useful thigs are missed…

sorry for my bad English but… :frowning:

Can’t please everybody. I don’t really understand what you mean or what it is you are trying to do, but Scrivener has keywords, and if that’s not what you are after, then maybe MacJournal will suit you better as you say. A vast amount of work has gone into Scrivener 2.0, and it addresses many, many user suggestions. I’m sorry you’re “very disappointed”, but it’s impossible to meet the demands and whims of every single user out there, and I wouldn’t want to try to do so as that leads to bad software.

Also, please note that this thread is for suggestions for templates, so moans about 2.0 don’t belong here. You can add wish list items to the Wish List forum, although I won’t have chance to seriously consider any new suggestions for a few months.

Right, getting back on-topic, I just wanted to let everyone know that the templates are taking me forever to put together and revise. Every time I put one together, I come across something that could be tweaked in Scrivener to give a little extra flexibility (to allow for counting acts and scenes, for page numbers to start on the third or fourth page and so on), so… Yeah, it’s taking a while. Thus, in order to be able to release on Monday as planned, my plan is that the initial version of 2.0 will have a good few templates - all the ones that Scrivener 1.x had, plus some non-fiction and academic templates - and then hopefully I’ll add a few more in the 2.0.1 update. There are a number of minor bugs that need fixing that I won’t have time to fix for Monday, so I expect the 2.0.1 update will be out in mid-late November (but never quote me on release dates). It’s that or put off releasing for a couple more weeks, and I don’t think that would go down well. :slight_smile:

Many thanks for all the great suggestions,
Keith

Good plan! :wink:

The dodgy one speaketh! So be it.

Could you describe what you mean by that, then? Because they actually are the same thing, technically speaking. It’s one of those catsup-ketchup things. So what are you thinking of that you find to be missing in Scrivener?

Gee, d’'ya think?
I’m very happily exploring the NaNo trial version, Keith.
It’s very nice. Well done. Roll on full release when you’re ready and I’m ready to upgrade from 1.54.
All good. - Peter

Well, quoting ain’t working… is that because BBCode is off? Can I turn it on?

I want to say that I nevertheless plan to buy the 2.0 version…

What I expected from tags (keywords), or probably from collections

1. collection (search) could work with some data types. For example, date (e.g.date of creation, date of modification), integer (rating, priority etc), and string (keywords in Scrivener)
  2. when searching or creating collection it could be possible to define some rules. For example: This collection includes all documents with keyword poem, created after 2009 and with rating above 3.

You may think that I want too much, but as a poet I usually prepare some verses (poems) to send them for publication. And I usually choose them between my good verses (e.g. my rating above 3) and between verses written in some period (e.g new verses). And such smart collection could be very useful for me (and probably for others)

PS> Btw I hope to get poetry template with Scrivener 2.0 or 2.01… it would be great