Halo: Reach, excellent game

I just wanted to mention how much I have enjoyed the single-player campaign of “Halo: Reach” for the Xbox. It reminds me so much of the first game of the series (Halo: Combat Evolved), one the finest games I have ever played.

So much fun… :smiley:

An interesting tidbit is to go look at the wildly successful MARATHON game that came out on MAC. It was the prelude to the HALO series and was the reason Microsoft bought Bungie.

PS: Does it have a good single player campaign story line like the first Halo game had?

Yes, it does. The storyline is exciting and full of epic moments. It is the reason that made me keep the first Halo and sell the second, third and ODST in the end.

I loved the first game. Julia (my better half, part-time L&L bod) and David (other L&L bod) bought me the original Xbox for my birthday several years ago (best. birthday. present. ever) along with the first Halo, and Julia and I played the co-op campaign all the way through. (I finish only about a quarter of the games I buy - they have to be good to justify me spending time with them when there are better things to do - and Julia generally doesn’t play computer games at all, so getting us both to play through to the end was quite an achievement.) But then Halo 2 came along and I was bored by about the second or third level, and Halo 3 bored me halfway through the first… I never even bothered with ODST. I don’t know why; they played much the same but they just lacked the spark of the original. Or maybe it was just that they were too much more of the same (but then, I loved Uncharted 2, and have completed trillions of rubbishy Tomb Raider sequels).

So… Bearing the above in mind, do think that Halo Reach is going to be worth my time and money? Should I give it a go, despite being bored to death by all except the first (which goes down as one of the best games I’ve played)?

Thanks!
Keith

Bearing in mind that what I am about to say could distract you from your duties, and taking into account what I can imagine about the inner geek that grew out of a ZX Spectrum, I dare to say… treat yourself once Scrivener 2.0 goes gold. You deserve it

Dramatic story, epic scale, highly re-playable scenarios. It really is Bungie’s swan song. It is what Halo 2 should have been. And if you don’t like it, you can find me there (my gamertag is Ludocrator) and cut me into pieces with the energy sword… :smiley:

Methinks we could use one of those on these boards…

For some reason I feel a prickly sensation. Need I be worried?

Someone brings a sword to gun Fight? Ill bring the rocket launcher…

These boards have gone to the dogs! :open_mouth:
Fluff