The status of the next update and 2.0

Dear Fluff,

I would love to watch it, but I’m afraid that the internet people here in the land of silk think it would be morally damaging for me to do anything of the sort … so I’m afraid I have to take it on trust.

Mark

Consider the source of the recommendation to view the video. I think the “internet people” there are probably correct.

To rename a project in 1.5.x Use the backup feature (alternative to Save As).

But in all reality with all the changes we have gleaned from comments made by Keith & Co about 2.0 it just makes sense to upgrade as many things have been changed or improved (Keith mentions many changes under the hood which that alone makes sense to upgrade). So since about everyone is going to pay to upgrade to 2.0 the “Save As” feature is just a small bonus compared to all of the other improvements made not only to the interface (like that screen shot keith) but as well as all of the coding changed under the hood so the discussion about “Save As” is moot in my opinion. You are going to upgrade anyway.

I would assume the reason why not much information has been released about 2.0 is the simple fact it is still in Beta. Keith would not want to mention a feature this early on and then if that feature was not working as intended and he had to take it out before release then some person would probably come on the forums and complain about the mentioned feature “missing”.

Patience is best. Let us wait until Beta is over and Keith is assured everything is working as he intends then I am sure he will start to release information and screen shots of 2.0 and all of its new nifty features.

PS: I am really amazed at how far Keith has taken SCR since SCR Gold. I am sure 2.0 will be well worth the wait!

Sheesh. Just let me pay already. I want Scriv 2. Bad. I can’t handle the truth! I mean, the WAIT. I can’t handle the [EDITED] wait! And ain’t Jack [EDITED] cool. Okay, I think I’m finally [EDITED!] losing it. Somebody shoot me. Hey I mean the [EDITED!!! By George, woman, what were you thinking?] tranq gun, not the one chock full of buckshot!

Cadence,
The only way you`re gonna get through the next few weeks, it to start snorting, ‘offtopickings’, like the rest of the crew.

Mr Mark,
By way of consolation prize, here are the lyrics to Dirty Old Town, penned by Ewan MacColl, plus a piccy of its most famous performer: Shane MacGowan

I met my love by the gas works wall
Dreamed a dream by the old canal
I Kissed my girl by the factory wall
Dirty old town
Dirty old town

Clouds are drifting across the moon
Cats are prowling on their beat
Spring’s a girl from the streets at night
Dirty old town
Dirty old town
I Heard a siren from the docks
Saw a train set the night on fire
I Smelled the spring on the smoky wind
Dirty old town
Dirty old town

I’m gonna make me a big sharp axe
Shining steel tempered in the fire
I’ll chop you down like an old dead tree
Dirty old town
Dirty old town

I met my love by the gas works wall
Dreamed a dream by the old canal
I kissed my girl by the factory wall
Dirty old town
Dirty old town
images-4.jpeg

Official announcement:

literatureandlatte.com/blog/?p=133

youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU
Fluff

Amazing and magical!

Bad Ass does not nearly describe it.

(Although I did suffer a tad from sad panda when I found out there would be no Commodore 64 version. :slight_smile:

Awesome Work!

Yes, a pity. Keith has obviously NO IDEA where the mass market is headed. He’ll probably go bankrupt if he doesn’t make a version for C64. I mean, it’s Basic V2, what’s the holdup?!

Wha… Ho… I uh… Evil. Plain old evil.

Not really, but that makes my soul ache.

GeoScriv

And I am not sure what bothers me more, that you have a c64, that I can think of 3 ways to make this look real but still be fake, that even if it is fake I am envious of your c64, or, as i suspect, you not only have a WORKING c64, but that you still have the ability to poke the image into the proper registers to display.

Evil.

SYS 64738 and all is well.

Yes but can you have

LODE RUNNER

running on the corkboard on the 64 version Amber?

(Laughing)

ITYS

It’s been worth the wait. Scrivener was the first add-on product I purchased when I moved to the Macs. I love using it and wouldn’t have a machine without it, that is except for one Windows machine that hasn’t had the pleasure. Count me in for an upgrade on the Mac platform and a for a copy for the Windows machine that sits by jealously waiting. Oh…and the same file format??? That’s way beyond awesome!!!

rubbish snipped

The real point is that you are are a dullard, prone to making sweeping generalisations about things you don’t understand, and … ooh! … veiled threats of “significant ill-will”.

I mean if you are so ill organised that you find yourself needing to rename your shopping lists so frequently that the inability to do so within Scrivener is an inconvenience then may I suggest pencil and paper, emacs is probably too much for you.

aggree as well to pay for the 2.0 that I just downloaded and find really good. I do not want to be back to the 1.XX. Great job. thanks a lot. You are making writing and editing on the computer a pleasure.

JC