Scrivener Wiki

Good thinking, Wock. I was about to suggest just that. Great!

Magnus

I think my next wiki project will be on LAYOUTS…

I submitted one entry !! (first ?)

Great, thank you!

I think now we may need to work on a Table of contents on the main page for easy access to the new content that is appearing.

Oh Wiki your so fine,
your so fine you blow my mind hey Wiki! (clap, clap)
Hey Wiki! (clap, clap)

Oh Wiki
what a pity you don’t understand.
You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand.
Oh Wiki
you’re so pretty
can’t you understand.
It’s ideas like you
Wiki
ooh what you do
Wiki

Do
Wiki
don’t break my heart
Wiki

Oh Wiki your so fine,
your so fine you blow my mind hey Wiki! (clap, clap)
Hey Wiki! (clap, clap)

Yeah admit. The song is stuck in your head and will be all day. Go ahead and clap. You know you want to.
:slight_smile:

(If you have no idea what I am talking about substitute Mickey for Wiki and maybe then it will make sense)

Mr Wock,
What on Earth makes you think any of us would expect to make sense of anything you say, or see any point in trying to.
Do take care
Fluff

it was a famous 80’s song which featured cheerleaders in the video which came on early MTV back when mtv only showed videos

:slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=kNYZpiy8 … re=related

Enjoy!!

I like that remake a lot more than the original. But the original was so 80’s it has that classic car feel. (And is quite hilarious)
youtube.com/watch?v=jhxDE4WM … re=related

The “Scrivener FAQ” link on the wiki is returning some manner of wiki-babel. Perhaps it has been hacked.

Absolutely right. Looks like a part of the site got spam-robot attacked. Perhaps only capcha authenticated accounts should have edit rights. I’ve already reverted the damaged files back to valid data.

Captcha or moderator approval. The rate of change on the wiki is tortoisinal, so moderation might not be burdensome.

What’s captcha approval? Tell me what I need to do to avoid this in future and I shall do it! Thanks AmberV for sorting it out.
All the best,
Keith

Captchas are those semi annoying hard to read gifs that you have to manage to enter correctly to post.

Depending on what wiki you are using you probably need to just add a module and enable it.

What is Captcha?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha

Here Keith this may help you add Captcha to the Scrivener Wiki.

mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmEdit

Thanks, Wock. I see it got spammed again today - I hate these guys. I’ve just added the Captcha you pointed out; hopefully that will help things.

All the best,
Keith

Would it be a good idea to start a page for features planned for 2.0? Maybe another for feature requests and Keith’s answers (with links to the relevant forum posts)?

The 2.0 features haven’t been announced yet. :slight_smile: They’ll go on the main site next spring (northern hemisphere time) when they become official.

A feature requests page with answers would be a good idea, and anyone is welcome to add that. The idea of the wiki is that it can be user-driven - anyone can add to it and edit it. I just add the answers to common questions to it from time to time, mainly so I can provide a link to the answer in an e-mail rather than type it out again. :slight_smile:

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

Right, I was thinking of those features which you’ve said “Yeah, that’ll be in version 2.0” as a response to feature requests. We’re on the same page, just using different fonts. Or maybe some other, better metaphor, “that’s what I was saying!”

Thanks! I’ll get started right away, meaning as soon as NaNoWriMo is done, and I’ve had time to recover.

We’ll see you in March, then?