I lost my heart to a Galway girl

I will be gone from Monday for 3 weeks. My explaination for which is the following lyrics and a vague comment about a fellow Oxfam steward:

Well, I took a stroll on the old long walk
Of a day -I-ay-I-ay
I met a little girl and we stopped to talk
Of a fine soft day -I-ay-I-ay
And I ask you, friend, what’s a fella to do
‘Cause her hair was black and her eyes were blue
And I knew right then I’d be takin’ a whirl
'Round the Salthill Prom with a Galway girl

We were halfway there when the rain came down
Of a day -I-ay-I-ay
And she asked me up to her flat downtown
Of a fine soft day -I-ay-I-ay
And I ask you, friend, what’s a fella to do
'Cause her hair was black and her eyes were blue
So I took her hand and I gave her a twirl
And I lost my heart to a Galway girl

When I woke up I was all alone
With a broken heart and a ticket home
And I ask you now, tell me what would you do
If her hair was black and her eyes were blue
I’ve traveled around I’ve been all over this world
Boys I ain’t never seen nothin’ like a Galway girl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFlfSeh-Ts8&feature=related

Disclaimer: These lyrics contain factual inaccuracies. For example, her hair isn’t black, and her eyes aren’t blue. They’re actually red and green respectively. Also, there was a noticable absence of flats on the WOMAD campsite.

Red eyes!!! Green hair!!! :open_mouth: Jeeezzz!!
Sorry! I couldn`t resist that lapse into inappropriate juvenile levity. The serious nature of this post should really preclude such behaviour! My Apologies, young master Sebastian. For in truth, the end is nigh, at least, that is, for the Young Master Sebastian. Upon your return from the, Auld Sod, he will no longer exist. You will have become a ‘Man’, in every sense of the word.

Green eyes!! Red hair!! And freckles!! :open_mouth: All red haired green eyed Irish women have freckles, and invariably, some vestige of Gypsy or Tinker blood flows through their veins. They`re as wild as the terrain!! And… insatiable.

Shell take young Master Sebastian up Maamturk Mountains in Connemara, or some similar locale, suited to sacrificial rites, and .... [i][size=50]I know I was that soldier[/size][/i] itll be, ‘A Man, Named Seb’, that, carries her, back down the mountain.
So adieu and farewell, young Master Seb…astian adieu 8)
The World is truly your lobster.
Uncle Vic
maamturk-mountains-1.jpg

She does indeed have freckles and has Gypsy roots.

And she plans to go camping in the mountains with me.

Have you tapped my phone?

I’m really looking forward to it - amongst many other things, we’re going to be doing some campaigning for Amnesty International at a music festival while I’m there. I will arrive Wednesday morning, probably having not slept, and then Wednesday afternoon I will have my interview with an Amnesty rep. That’s a little bit scary.

It’ll be good though, my CV for volunteering with international charities is swiftly growing this summer, albeit, all festival-based work.

Im a physicist or is it physic, maybe its psychic. Anyway its one of em.

Amnesty, are supposed to be the good guys! :confused:

When the red haired green eyed Gypsy, has finished with you, its you, wholl be in need of some charity!! :open_mouth:
UncleVic

Mr. Seb,

You have not been paying attention to all of the maniacs meandering posts. I believe there is a reference to Irish in laws in several of them. In addition he makes clear reference to having “[size=65]been that soldier[/size]”.

Sir, the one eyed wonder speaks from experience. If you play your cards right you too can have privilege of a vic-k psychosis. If you win you will as happy as he is. If you lose… just don’t lose.

Remember to play “safe”.

[size=50]Deep breath 1…2…3…4, hold it,1…2…3…4, breath out,1…2…3…4. Once again, deep bre…
Be calm…relaxed…composed. Don`t ask the question, "Who, in their right mind, would advise a tall good looking blonde guy, 18/19yrs of age, heading up a mountain in the Wilds of Connemara, with a green eyed red haired Gypsy girl…to play it…safe? Nobody…not in their right mind! Jeezzz!! tch! tch!
[/size]

[size=75]Ummm… do you remember the whole world is your lobster mess you made? Where Mr Seb was watering the lobster and you felt obligated to point out the he was not keeping the LOBSTER SAFE? Remember that? Think hard. I know remembering things from that long ago can be tough for you.

Same “safe” here old buddy. Unless you want him to risk life and future. You don’t do you?
[/size]

[size=50]OK!! Pay attention.
What was he about to become? A Student! The lowest lifeform! Its not their fault! They are what they are. No standards are lower than a students (they`re non-existent (standards not students),).

Where was he going? Halls of Residence!(Mixed) Theyll be hopping in n` out of each others beds, as though they were practising for 100m hurdles. Imagine the dire consequences of all that intermingling of pathogenic microbiologic little what-y-callits, in the absence of adequate prophylactic precautions! Are you following all this. Good!! Hence the advice, to “Keep it Safe”

Contrast that, with standing atop a Connemara mountain, next to a green eyed, red haired, Gypsy Princess. Hair thats being teased, by a sultry balmy breeze, while the Sun plays tricks with the highlights in it. The same Sun, thats responsible for the scent of warm skin, that he catches every time he succumbs to the urge to move close enough to her, to brush her cheeks with his lips. Lips that taste the delicate saltiness, of tiniest beads of perspiration on her face, a consequence of the climb to the summit.

Then, those eyes! Those gorgeous green eyes. Eyes that twinkle with mischief, and seem to be floating on a sea of freckles.

Safe! Do me a favour! Hes lost. This is no meaningless, [i]Romping in the Halls[/i], This is, Un Homme et Une Femme. They may only stand there holding hands, But itll be one of those experiences that will etch itself into his psyche, and be endowed with a sense of, ‘something’, that transcends the purely physical.

Believe me I know, I was that soldier.
Safe? You`ll have to pass on that one…this time…honest
Vic[/size]

[size=75]Listen you.

He is a man, not a machine. While I hope that he has a glorious romantic experience I think you need to consider the reality of the situation. This reality is the first sentence.

Now, to further complicate things, this “beguiler” likely KNOWS she is a beguiler. She may have targeted our precious Sebbi for her own pleasure. As I have discovered with my own beguiler, once they know that they can beguile we poor soldiers are doomed. All we can do is [/size][size=125]be prepared[/size][size=75]. And then do our best to ensure that they are happy.

I stand by my suggestion: play safe
[/size]

[size=50]

As you say my young friend, he is indeed a man…not a Boy Scout.

We shall wish them well, and desist with this joust :wink:
Vic[/size]

Yes sir.

Sebbi, Have fun.

Was it me or was the font getting smaller and smaller there.

Thank you both for your advice/warnings!
As far as I can tell this one’s a little less predatory in her intentions than some women I’ve encountered. We’ll see if I say the same thing in 3 weeks time I suppose.

I need to check I’ve packed now.
See in you 3 weeks.

Love you guys!

[size=150]WEll!! Did you enjoy yourself?[/size]
Dont start moaning because it was raining all the time! Its always like that! God forsaken hole!!

The rain wasn’t too bad. Once you know to bring your rain-mac with you regardless how cloud-less the sky is when you leave, you just get used to it. Besides, they always say the weather picks up once the kids have to go back to school, and it was true.

I had an absolutely fantastic time. It was hectic and at some points I was desperate for a quiet night in, not to mention the fact I am now totally broke (as in I don’t have ANYTHING, no cash tucked away anywhere; I can’t even pay for the bus into town); but it was worth every second/penny.

Galway itself is now very high up on my favourite-places list. I would say that if Dartington goes tits-up I know where I’m heading. It’s such a ridiculously artistic place. I mean, crazily so. Yoga workshops, and Djembe classes everywhere you look. The buskers all seem to be world class musicians. It’s definately my kind of place. What’s brilliant is that I spent nearly 3 weeks there and I barely feel like I scratched the surface.

All of her friends were absolutely brilliant, when it came for me to leave everyone told me I wasn’t allowed to go and made me promise to come back as soon as is possible.

And as for the lovely lady herself - let’s just say I think she’s going to be worth the effort; and that she said she’ll visit me far sooner than I expect.

It`s the freckles that do it!! Freckles are killer apps in any language!! :wink:

Glad you enjoyed yourself, in the land of Authors, Storytellers, Poets, Actors and Playwrights, Songwriters, Singers and Musicians. If you havent already, make sure youre over there for a Fleadh (Music Festival).
youtube.com/watch?v=CqQvUZ9S … re=related
youtube.com/watch?v=Vtp4adNT … re=related
Take care
Vic

I would quite like to participate in the Galway Arts Festival next summer. It seems like a good place to go to as a touring theatre company/practitioner, so depending on how confident I am with material I might be writing some proposals!

Ahhh young love