NiaD X

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:04 pm Post

pigfender wrote:
Evil Overlord wrote:
This year's genre was ... my spouse's favorite. One of these days, I swear the story will be about something I know about (and will have no excuse for getting badly wrong). Some day.

There can’t be that many genres left! :D

...and I lost the genre bet again. That is, if my chapter (no dolphins or dolphin shaped spacecraft) is telling me anything about the genre. In fact, I had in my genre markup written this genre out every time, reasoning, no I know he won't do that, b/c well, special knowledge. But ... butt kicked again!
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

mi
mishmhem
Platform: Windows

Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:12 pm Post

Entry sent. Now... I'm just excited to see the rest of the story!

Kingstonmike

Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:12 pm Post

Done and sent...

Looking forward to seeing what we've made together.

"Revenge is a dish best served published!”
― Lisa Kovanda

Camy
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:19 pm Post

Done, dusted, tweaked and submitted.
ImageImage

MacPro 7.5 - Scrivener & Scapple
Lenovo - Ubuntu/Win 8.1- Scrivener & Scapple

go
gothcabbage

Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:45 pm Post

Done and sent. Shorter than my last NIAD at around 1800 words this time. I decided against the subplot as it would just have interrupted the flow. I also lost enthusiasm for a huge blob of procedural detail which I spent some time researching - ultimately I realised it didn't add much to how you felt about the characters (or at least, most of it wouldn't have done and the bit that would would have ended up as a rather isolated scene...). I look forward to seeing how it ends up slotting into what everyone else has done...

I now know much more about US City/county jail intake and booking procedures than I did before, and let's see what all those searches do to the adverts I get presented with!

nav66
Platform: Mac

Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:46 pm Post

Done! Once again, NiaD was a lot of fun! Can't wait to read the novel(s) later today!

Ma
Maelduin

Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:50 pm Post

More fun than a bucket of monkeys. I'm now cross-eyed with exhaustion, but happy!

Daurmith

Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:57 pm Post

I'll be a few minutes late, but only a few, I'm finishing up. Sorry about the delay. The frogs called, by the way. They say the dolphins stole their laser death ray.
ImageImage

Evil Overlord

Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:18 pm Post

pigfender wrote:The honest answer is that I'm intimidated by the sheer amount of world building required to do fantasy well and not have it be, well, just another story where the characters just happen to be hobbits and it's mentioned once and never discussed again... That's not to say that I won't get over that, and figure something out for a future year though.

I volunteer to help with world building in a future year if that's helpful.

El
ElNocho

Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:22 pm Post

Submitted - barely. Are you supposed to feel exhausted and sad at this point? What I wouldn't give for 2 more hours! I over-researched, started rambling, and cut mine short with not enough refinement. (I'm talking about my chapter, not life - ha! But that's a pretty solid metaphor.)

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. All the best -

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:33 pm Post

Daurmith wrote: The frogs called, by the way. They say the dolphins stole their laser death ray.

The dolphins are making good use of of the death ray. Mostly for uninvited guests (lion fish, tiger shrimp and the like) and to make it faster to serve 12 course meals (if you ever get invited to a dolphin dinner, show up hungry).
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

Wa
WangariMuchui

Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:36 pm Post

Waoohhh. Done and sent. :D :D This was an experience !. I wish i had another 24 hours to write on. I had so many ideas and the time seemed so short. :wink:

Sh
Shadowspawn

Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:46 pm Post

Sent

Thanks for extra time! Newbie here, and started later than I thought.
It seemed like not fun at first given the nature of the chapter (that's why my first intent was to have some fun with a massacre or an outright orgie to spice things up).

But then I decided to stay closer to Eearth.
Let's see, I've read up for my puny 1500 words chapter on space shuttles, comptroller's investigations including a Covid-related fraud and some guys who gambled away state's money on some lake developments, Irish and Italian mobs, Rudy Giuliani and some jellyfish

Daurmith

Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:04 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:
Daurmith wrote: The frogs called, by the way. They say the dolphins stole their laser death ray.

The dolphins are making good use of of the death ray. Mostly for uninvited guests (lion fish, tiger shrimp and the like) and to make it faster to serve 12 course meals (if you ever get invited to a dolphin dinner, show up hungry).

I hope they don't have a book called "To Serve Man". But if they do, I propose we go potluck!
ImageImage

Kingstonmike

Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:10 pm Post

WangariMuchui wrote:Waoohhh. Done and sent. :D :D This was an experience !. I wish i had another 24 hours to write on. I had so many ideas and the time seemed so short. :wink:

Myself as well....I wanted to add another scene in a bar, where we get to see a different side of the 'bad guys' in the Comptroller's office, but couldn't due to time and story constraints. (I also had the idea too late to want to revise the chapter)

"Revenge is a dish best served published!”
― Lisa Kovanda