NiaD X

Yay! Done!
Wine.

Those still writing, you’ve got this. Those finished, raise a glass with me.

I think I’m done - I’m going to grab a bite to eat and do a final read through… wow.

Done and submitted. I have no idea why I struggled with this one. I should know a little bit more about this from all the crime shows I watch, but sadly, all that knowledge escaped me when I stared at the blank white page (or rather cream since I wrote it on my iPad). The urge to have one of my characters scream, “you can’t handle the truth” was there, but I decided against it after mulling it over. :smiley:

I found this one difficult spent lot of time trying to get head around some kind of outline knowledge to give me a fighting chance of making sense :frowning:

Done and sent back… YAY!!! although maybe not YAY once it’s been read but hey!!!

Edited down to 3019 words from about 4,000…

I’m fairly happy with it… (ish!!!)

That said, thank you for the amount of background preliminary research you’ve provided this year on various matters that might otherwise be difficult to scare up in time!

I’m pretty sure none of us knows very much about everything. But most of us know a lot about a little. We just need to get the son of baconator to broaden his base of knowledge.

Newbie here. That was fun. Can’t wait to see how they all fit together! And if we managed to make contract law fun at all.

…and I lost the genre bet again. That is, if my chapter (no dolphins or dolphin shaped spacecraft) is telling me anything about the genre. In fact, I had in my genre markup written this genre out every time, reasoning, no I know he won’t do that, b/c well, special knowledge. But … butt kicked again!

Entry sent. Now… I’m just excited to see the rest of the story!

Done and sent…

Looking forward to seeing what we’ve made together.

Done, dusted, tweaked and submitted.

Done and sent. Shorter than my last NIAD at around 1800 words this time. I decided against the subplot as it would just have interrupted the flow. I also lost enthusiasm for a huge blob of procedural detail which I spent some time researching - ultimately I realised it didn’t add much to how you felt about the characters (or at least, most of it wouldn’t have done and the bit that would would have ended up as a rather isolated scene…). I look forward to seeing how it ends up slotting into what everyone else has done…

I now know much more about US City/county jail intake and booking procedures than I did before, and let’s see what all those searches do to the adverts I get presented with!

Done! Once again, NiaD was a lot of fun! Can’t wait to read the novel(s) later today!

More fun than a bucket of monkeys. I’m now cross-eyed with exhaustion, but happy!

I’ll be a few minutes late, but only a few, I’m finishing up. Sorry about the delay. The frogs called, by the way. They say the dolphins stole their laser death ray.

I volunteer to help with world building in a future year if that’s helpful.

Submitted - barely. Are you supposed to feel exhausted and sad at this point? What I wouldn’t give for 2 more hours! I over-researched, started rambling, and cut mine short with not enough refinement. (I’m talking about my chapter, not life - ha! But that’s a pretty solid metaphor.)

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. All the best -

The dolphins are making good use of of the death ray. Mostly for uninvited guests (lion fish, tiger shrimp and the like) and to make it faster to serve 12 course meals (if you ever get invited to a dolphin dinner, show up hungry).

Waoohhh. Done and sent. :smiley: :smiley: This was an experience !. I wish i had another 24 hours to write on. I had so many ideas and the time seemed so short. :wink: