Scrivener 3 Themes

ou
ouke123@gmail.com
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:19 pm
Platform: Mac
Contact:

Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:50 pm Post

My pleasure. Thank you!

Le
Leonardo2020
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:22 pm
Platform: Mac
Contact:

Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:45 pm Post

Oh, looks great, thanks

User avatar
bernardo vasconcelos
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:21 am
Platform: Mac

Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:21 am Post

Ayu Mirage
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffqrvxnagc67q8o/Ayu%20Mirage.stheme?dl=0

2020-03-11 at 22.00.png
2020-03-11 at 22.00.png (357.36 KiB) Viewed 11284 times


Ayu Bright
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fuee2qyb14cbocn/Ayu%20Bright.stheme?dl=0

2020-03-11 at 21.59a.png
2020-03-11 at 21.59a.png (399.11 KiB) Viewed 11284 times


Solarized Night
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdutloorch3rm9t/Solarized%20Night.stheme?dl=0
2020-03-11 at 21.59.png
2020-03-11 at 21.59.png (396.02 KiB) Viewed 11284 times

Aa
Aaron_Hall
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:26 pm
Platform: Windows

Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:28 pm Post




These look amazing! Given that Srivener 3 for windows is on the horizon, is there any way of using these on the windows version? Thanks in advance!
Just another writer with his head in the clouds! :D

Pu
PurpleGrimace
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:36 pm
Platform: Mac

Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:38 pm Post

ouke123@gmail.com wrote:Shades of Grey.png Note; Background is my desktop wallpaper.


Excellent work. This has become my go-to because it reminds me of my days editing on a 9" mac box. Believe me, that's a good thing.

Thanks for your work!

ka
kamryndk
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:14 pm
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri May 08, 2020 7:30 pm Post

I'm back at it with my fourth free Scrivener theme!

Here's the blog post explaining how to access it: https://greyzonepages.com/2020/05/08/sp ... -resource/

Image

Image

User avatar
AmberV
Posts: 24314
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:30 am
Platform: Mac + Linux
Location: Ourense, Galiza
Contact:

Fri May 08, 2020 7:47 pm Post

Just in time for Spring! Thanks for posting your latest.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

ja
jazc98@gmail.com
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 2:28 pm
Platform: Mac

Sat May 09, 2020 5:09 pm Post

Here's a dark theme I customized. Helped to improve my productivity loads and my eyes didn't grow as tired. Download link below!
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 1.06.52 AM.png
Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 1.06.52 AM.png (543.61 KiB) Viewed 7994 times
JR's Darker Theme.stheme
(213.32 KiB) Downloaded 789 times

lu
lucadj
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:25 pm
Platform: Mac
Contact:

Sun May 10, 2020 8:30 am Post

jazc98@gmail.com wrote:Here's a dark theme I customized. Helped to improve my productivity loads and my eyes didn't grow as tired. Download link below!


Very good, but in the Outline view text color of synopsis is dark and it is impossible to read it.

ja
jazc98@gmail.com
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 09, 2020 2:28 pm
Platform: Mac

Sun May 10, 2020 9:47 am Post

Ahh I see, thanks for bringing it to my attention. It's not perfect, so feel free to change it up to whatever suits your needs :)

User avatar
Silverdragon
Posts: 1552
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 pm
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Tarzana, California, USA
Contact:

Mon May 11, 2020 11:44 pm Post

Inverted Solarized

Solarized is a popular theme, but does it really work for Scrivener? What with default text in light mode being hard-coded black, and Scrivener's emphasis on background accenting (labels, style markup), I couldn't achieve low-contrast main text yet have colourful, easily distinguished, readable background accents with the out-of-the-box Solarized theme.

Here's my take on an "inside-out" Solarized theme for Scrivener. I use the medium grays, usually used for text, as my backgrounds. Dark mode text is the familiar cream of the Solarized light background; light mode text is of course Scrivener's default black. The result is that I'm very close to the contrast Solarized is intended to present both in light and in dark modes. As a bonus, using the Solarized background colours as label and style backgrounds results in clear, readable text in both modes as well.

I'm including a Solarized palette (Solarized.clr) for the Apple colour picker. (When in the Colour picker, click on the gear icon and choose Import...) Not only does the palette have the usual Solarized 16-colour palette, I've included dark and light versions of the 8 accent colours as well.

Usage suggestions:
  • For backgrounds behind text, use the regular Solarized accent colours (Yellow, Red, etc.) to get proper contrast. This includes label colours used as backgrounds, backgrounds for styles, and backgrounds for comments.
  • For use in links, use the dark colour (Red01, etc.) for the Light theme, and the light colour (Red1, etc.) for the Dark theme.
  • For use in inline annotations, use either the dark (Red01) or light (Red1) colour variations, according to what works best for you, but using the base colour (Red) will remove almost all contrast with the background, and make your annotations hard to read.

Enjoy!
Inverted_Solarized.zip
(19.72 KiB) Downloaded 370 times

Inverted Solarized Light.jpg
Inverted Solarized Light.jpg (255.55 KiB) Viewed 6407 times

Inverted Solarized Dark.jpg
Inverted Solarized Dark.jpg (257.59 KiB) Viewed 6407 times
  • Fiction-writer curled up on her TP hoard.
  • Mac Scrivener 3.1.5, MacBook Air 11, MacOS 10.15.6 (Catalina)
  • IOS Scrivener 1.2.1; iPad 6; i(Pad)OS 14.0.1
  • Website: https://silverdrag0n.wordpress.com

User avatar
ScrivTrex
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:37 am
Platform: Windows

Wed May 13, 2020 8:14 am Post


I really like this theme! But, clicking on the link goes to a broken Dropbox link (file not available). Is this theme not available anymore? I can't find it on google either. Thanks.
Image
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1909)
Intel core i7 (920 @2.67GHz)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Samsung Evo 860 1TB SSD
Western Digital 1TB HDD
24GB RAM
Scrivener 3 Beta RC

User avatar
bernardo vasconcelos
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:21 am
Platform: Mac

Sat May 16, 2020 12:10 pm Post

ScrivTrex wrote:

I really like this theme! But, clicking on the link goes to a broken Dropbox link (file not available). Is this theme not available anymore? I can't find it on google either. Thanks.


Here it is:
https://github.com/bcdavasconcelos/Themes/tree/master/Scrivener

User avatar
ScrivTrex
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:37 am
Platform: Windows

Sat May 16, 2020 2:20 pm Post


Thank you my friend! :) But, I tried opening your Ayu.stheme file, but WinRAR fails to open it and says it's an unknown format. I'm on a Windows 10 PC. I know this theme is for the Mac version of Scrivener 3, but what I want to do is copy some of the color settings from your theme to my own theme files for Scrivener 3 for Windows RC version. How do I open the .stheme zip file on a Windows 10 PC? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I tried just opening the Ayu.stheme file directly in Notepad++, but I got a bunch of random characters for the data elements in the XML structure within the file, like the following. What does that mean? This is what I'm seeing:

Code: Select all

<key>SCRBinderBackgroundColor</key>
<data>
   YnBsaXN0MDDUAQIDBAUGBwpYJHZlcnNpb25ZJGFyY2hpdmVyVCR0b3BYJG9iamVjdHMS
   AAGGoF8QD05TS2V5ZWRBcmNoaXZlctEICVRyb290gAGmCwwXHR4lVSRudWxs1Q0ODxAR
   EhMUFRZcTlNDb21wb25lbnRzVU5TUkdCXE5TQ29sb3JTcGFjZV8QEk5TQ3VzdG9tQ29s
   b3JTcGFjZVYkY2xhc3NPEB0xIDAuOTk5OTg3OTAwMyAwLjk5OTk5MjE5MTggMU8QGzAu
   OTk5ODg5MDE2MiAxIDAuOTk5ODMwMjQ2ABABgAKABdMYERkaGxxVTlNJQ0NZTlNTcGFj
   ZUlEgAOABBAMTxECJAAAAiRhcHBsBAAAAG1udHJSR0IgWFlaIAfhAAcABwANABYAIGFj
   c3BBUFBMAAAAAEFQUEwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD21gABAAAAANMtYXBwbMoalYIl
   fxBNOJkT1dHqFYIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACmRlc2MAAAD8
   AAAAZWNwcnQAAAFkAAAAI3d0cHQAAAGIAAAAFHJYWVoAAAGcAAAAFGdYWVoAAAGwAAAA
   FGJYWVoAAAHEAAAAFHJUUkMAAAHYAAAAIGNoYWQAAAH4AAAALGJUUkMAAAHYAAAAIGdU
   UkMAAAHYAAAAIGRlc2MAAAAAAAAAC0Rpc3BsYXkgUDMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
   AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
   AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAdGV4dAAAAABDb3B5cmlnaHQgQXBwbGUgSW5jLiwgMjAxNwAAWFla
   IAAAAAAAAPNRAAEAAAABFsxYWVogAAAAAAAAg98AAD2/////u1hZWiAAAAAAAABKvwAA
   sTcAAAq5WFlaIAAAAAAAACg4AAARCwAAyLlwYXJhAAAAAAADAAAAAmZmAADypwAADVkA
   ABPQAAAKW3NmMzIAAAAAAAEMQgAABd7///MmAAAHkwAA/ZD///ui///9owAAA9wAAMBu
   0h8gISJaJGNsYXNzbmFtZVgkY2xhc3Nlc1xOU0NvbG9yU3BhY2WiIyRcTlNDb2xvclNw
   YWNlWE5TT2JqZWN00h8gJidXTlNDb2xvcqImJAAIABEAGgAkACkAMgA3AEkATABRAFMA
   WgBgAGsAeAB+AIsAoACnAMcA5QDnAOkA6wDyAPgBAgEEAQYBCAMwAzUDQANJA1YDWQNm
   A28DdAN8AAAAAAAAAgEAAAAAAAAAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA38=
</data>.....
Image
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1909)
Intel core i7 (920 @2.67GHz)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Samsung Evo 860 1TB SSD
Western Digital 1TB HDD
24GB RAM
Scrivener 3 Beta RC

User avatar
bernardo vasconcelos
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:21 am
Platform: Mac

Mon May 18, 2020 4:49 pm Post

ScrivTrex wrote:

Thank you my friend! :) But, I tried opening your Ayu.stheme file, but WinRAR fails to open it and says it's an unknown format. I'm on a Windows 10 PC. I know this theme is for the Mac version of Scrivener 3, but what I want to do is copy some of the color settings from your theme to my own theme files for Scrivener 3 for Windows RC version. How do I open the .stheme zip file on a Windows 10 PC? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I tried just opening the Ayu.stheme file directly in Notepad++, but I got a bunch of random characters for the data elements in the XML structure within the file, like the following. What does that mean? This is what I'm seeing:

Code: Select all

<key>SCRBinderBackgroundColor</key>
<data>
   YnBsaXN0MDDUAQIDBAUGBwpYJHZlcnNpb25ZJGFyY2hpdmVyVCR0b3BYJG9iamVjdHMS
   AAGGoF8QD05TS2V5ZWRBcmNoaXZlctEICVRyb290gAGmCwwXHR4lVSRudWxs1Q0ODxAR
   EhMUFRZcTlNDb21wb25lbnRzVU5TUkdCXE5TQ29sb3JTcGFjZV8QEk5TQ3VzdG9tQ29s
   b3JTcGFjZVYkY2xhc3NPEB0xIDAuOTk5OTg3OTAwMyAwLjk5OTk5MjE5MTggMU8QGzAu
   OTk5ODg5MDE2MiAxIDAuOTk5ODMwMjQ2ABABgAKABdMYERkaGxxVTlNJQ0NZTlNTcGFj
   ZUlEgAOABBAMTxECJAAAAiRhcHBsBAAAAG1udHJSR0IgWFlaIAfhAAcABwANABYAIGFj
   c3BBUFBMAAAAAEFQUEwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD21gABAAAAANMtYXBwbMoalYIl
   fxBNOJkT1dHqFYIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACmRlc2MAAAD8
   AAAAZWNwcnQAAAFkAAAAI3d0cHQAAAGIAAAAFHJYWVoAAAGcAAAAFGdYWVoAAAGwAAAA
   FGJYWVoAAAHEAAAAFHJUUkMAAAHYAAAAIGNoYWQAAAH4AAAALGJUUkMAAAHYAAAAIGdU
   UkMAAAHYAAAAIGRlc2MAAAAAAAAAC0Rpc3BsYXkgUDMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
   AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
   AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAdGV4dAAAAABDb3B5cmlnaHQgQXBwbGUgSW5jLiwgMjAxNwAAWFla
   IAAAAAAAAPNRAAEAAAABFsxYWVogAAAAAAAAg98AAD2/////u1hZWiAAAAAAAABKvwAA
   sTcAAAq5WFlaIAAAAAAAACg4AAARCwAAyLlwYXJhAAAAAAADAAAAAmZmAADypwAADVkA
   ABPQAAAKW3NmMzIAAAAAAAEMQgAABd7///MmAAAHkwAA/ZD///ui///9owAAA9wAAMBu
   0h8gISJaJGNsYXNzbmFtZVgkY2xhc3Nlc1xOU0NvbG9yU3BhY2WiIyRcTlNDb2xvclNw
   YWNlWE5TT2JqZWN00h8gJidXTlNDb2xvcqImJAAIABEAGgAkACkAMgA3AEkATABRAFMA
   WgBgAGsAeAB+AIsAoACnAMcA5QDnAOkA6wDyAPgBAgEEAQYBCAMwAzUDQANJA1YDWQNm
   A28DdAN8AAAAAAAAAgEAAAAAAAAAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA38=
</data>.....


Let's try again. See if this works and let me know ;)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w82k8lvl4xip89m/Themes.zip?dl=1