Text field width too small

Sorry, if this has already been asked, but I wasn’t able to find it. :frowning:

By default a new document in W3 has fixed “page” width? I turn on the ruler and I see, that the writeable area is about 1/3 of the screen, everything else is extremely wide margins. If I don’t have any sidebars turned on, I have this tiny writing space in the middle of the screen amidst a huge white plane. That’s unsettling. :slight_smile:

So far, I was not able to find a setting to make the “page” fill the window width, like it was in the W2. The ruler won’t extend itself no matter what I try on it. :slight_smile: What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Sounds like you have Fixed Width Editor enabled.

File > Options > Appearance > Main Editor > disable Use Fixed Width Editor.

Let me know if that doesn’t fix it for you.

Going forward, post anything related to the beta in the Beta Forum.

https://www.literatureandlatte.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=57

Best,
Jim

Thank you, Jim! That helped a lot. :slight_smile:

Sorry if I posted in a wrong forum. I haven’t used Scrivener in two years. :slight_smile: Now I have a Windows machine at hand, and I decided to try the beta. If I see something unusual, I’ll make sure to post in the Beta forum. Thank you again!

Great, Jaaaarne, glad that helped. :slight_smile:

Posting in the beta forum helps ensure that the devs will see and fix any issues, so thanks for that.

I hope you enjoy the beta!

Best,
Jim

Hello,

First, hello to everyone.

I just upgraded from V1 to V3 Windows, but now when i import mine V1 project to V3, all the text is in the middle of the editor.

Anyone knows how to get the text normal, thus taking the full width of the editor?

Maybe it is simple, but i just can’t figure it out.

Thanks for now.

Hi @kd45ww,

Per @JimRac above, “Sounds like you have Fixed Width Editor enabled.
File > Options > Appearance > Main Editor > disable Use Fixed Width Editor.”

That should resolve your issue.

Regards,
Andrew

1 Like

Andrew,

Thx! Yes that was the problem, thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

it had to be a: : :slight_smile: :grinning: