Novel-in-a-Day 9½ - SPECIAL APOCALYPSE EDITION

Too right!

All right, officially dropping the pen and calling it done on a lazy 2347 words! Sending the email through now—boy oh boy, this really stretched the limits of my American knowledge (and my general writing skills)!

It’s also really interesting to think about how people might react in this type of a crisis, seeing as we’ve all had a pretty intensive vision of how people will react to a crisis when they DO still have their distractions/devices…

Thanks for the initiative and the excuse to dive into something challenging and new, Pigfender!

the question really is “how many feet does jaysen have?”

Finishing up my final brief and will send soon. Just waiting for my heart to settle since I got quite the scare. Been doing research on the White House security systems, looking for floor plans, trying to see if there’s anything that might help when I got a loud knock on the front door, followed by the ringing of my doorbell. I jumped to my feet, told my 12 year old daughter who’s sprawled across the couch to go hide in her closet, while I hid in mine. Turns out my teenage daughter ordered a package and Amazon was just delivering it.
Now that’s a way to start one’s day. :laughing:

1. And they’re all pink and clicky.

See what this social isolation is doing… madness. Jaysen really only has 3 feet

All righty! I just sent it off. (With 25 minutes to spare! LOL)

I wonder how many of us are doing Campnanowrimo as well?

I find Write A Novel In A Day cures my procrastination while also causing insomnia and a nervous breakdown! :smiley: Just joking. But I was up most of the night trying to decipher the brief and thinking, “What am I going to write about THIS?!!!”

I thought this was just going to be a simple story about people suffering during an apocalypse, not a project on security at the White House!

The bit I enjoyed most was inventing a popular Republican American President. :laughing:

In! And before the 8.00 p.m. deadline, too.

W00T! :smiley:

A vast swarm of thankfulness beasties are on their was to Mr. Fender for the outstanding organisation and fun!

Yay!
So happy.
I have just completed my chapter.
I had a lot of fun with it. :smiley:

Yes I agree I really though it was going to. Be apocalyptic. I have never written anything like this before.
Such fun.

did it!!! 12 minutes to spare :slight_smile: Yay!

Done. 5 minute before deadline.

Made it with a minute to spare. I had one of the easier chapters but still.

Ugh.

Oh well, it was much better than my last attempt at NiaD. There is that.
:confused:

Done, with two minutes to spare!

I figured I’d go with exactly 1,500 words since I was pretty close.

Looking forward to see if anybody else built out the steam-engine plot, and how well the supply lines for coal held up.

Can we do citations and acknowledgements?

I’d like to credit this study of food self-sufficiency in Washington DC. I bumped up their schedule from 2050, but got to add in the elephants from the National Zoo:
challenges.openideo.com/challen … 9cdbb036d3

And the Go-Go soundtrack to my chapter would need to be “acousticized” with, yes, a little merengue accordion. But it might sound like this right here:
D.C Go Go mix 1
posted by Brother John’s
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7HOVFJM5f4

Also made it before the deadline, and also doing a Camp NaNoWriMo. This was more fun. Thank you, again, Mssr Pigfender!

Done and submitted! Sorry I am an hour past the deadline of 8:00 PM GMT.

Well? Will nobody entertain me… or do I have slope off and watch GOT again?

Reading through here I think I may have overthought my chapter :stuck_out_tongue:

Then you were probably doing it right… :smiley:

Maybe?