Novel-in-a-Day 9½ - SPECIAL APOCALYPSE EDITION

Just sent it off I am sorry to admit I never waited to open champagne for our anniversary thats what isolation does to you, god knows what champagne does to my offering :smiley: :blush: :unamused: :laughing:

Hi Rog/Pigfender,

I finished it and have emailed it to you.

This was a challenge.

Phew!

:smiley:

Btw I’m also doing Campnanowrimo, but I shall add this word count to my total. :astonished:

Finished first draft which may be the only one as I have runny eyes. Will read through for obvious errors and post. All the best DeanForestGato for my Nano friends

That’s delightful!

Phew! Finally got it finished. Tropes, clichés, and crap dialogue aplenty! I found this one hard to start, but I ended up having lots of fun with it. Ferrari Franken-Wagon anyone?

I can’t wait to read what everyone wrote! :mrgreen:

Final polish starting now. I will submit on time, if only just.

However, I’m really glad I’m not a US resident. If I were, given my internet searches of the last few hours, I’m pretty sure I would be having some armed visitors knocking my door down about now…

I suppose I could always threaten to cough over them?

Done! I have seldom felt more thoroughly out of my depth. US politics I understand (or at least can talk about), and there are floorplans of the White House online (didn’t find anything for the PEOC, shockingly), but I made up a bunch of stuff about the Secret Service. On the other hand, I did learn about tritium night sights, so that’s something. (I imagine I got them wrong anyway, though). I’d have to qualify my chapter as more functional than attractive, but it’s done.

I had fun, as always. Looking forward to the book!

I feel I was just waiting for that other shoe to drop.

Too right!

All right, officially dropping the pen and calling it done on a lazy 2347 words! Sending the email through now—boy oh boy, this really stretched the limits of my American knowledge (and my general writing skills)!

It’s also really interesting to think about how people might react in this type of a crisis, seeing as we’ve all had a pretty intensive vision of how people will react to a crisis when they DO still have their distractions/devices…

Thanks for the initiative and the excuse to dive into something challenging and new, Pigfender!

the question really is “how many feet does jaysen have?”

Finishing up my final brief and will send soon. Just waiting for my heart to settle since I got quite the scare. Been doing research on the White House security systems, looking for floor plans, trying to see if there’s anything that might help when I got a loud knock on the front door, followed by the ringing of my doorbell. I jumped to my feet, told my 12 year old daughter who’s sprawled across the couch to go hide in her closet, while I hid in mine. Turns out my teenage daughter ordered a package and Amazon was just delivering it.
Now that’s a way to start one’s day. :laughing:

1. And they’re all pink and clicky.

See what this social isolation is doing… madness. Jaysen really only has 3 feet

All righty! I just sent it off. (With 25 minutes to spare! LOL)

I wonder how many of us are doing Campnanowrimo as well?

I find Write A Novel In A Day cures my procrastination while also causing insomnia and a nervous breakdown! :smiley: Just joking. But I was up most of the night trying to decipher the brief and thinking, “What am I going to write about THIS?!!!”

I thought this was just going to be a simple story about people suffering during an apocalypse, not a project on security at the White House!

The bit I enjoyed most was inventing a popular Republican American President. :laughing:

In! And before the 8.00 p.m. deadline, too.

W00T! :smiley:

A vast swarm of thankfulness beasties are on their was to Mr. Fender for the outstanding organisation and fun!

Yay!
So happy.
I have just completed my chapter.
I had a lot of fun with it. :smiley:

Yes I agree I really though it was going to. Be apocalyptic. I have never written anything like this before.
Such fun.

did it!!! 12 minutes to spare :slight_smile: Yay!