BETA 27. Bug? Layout window too big to use

Do
Dorothea
Platform: Windows

Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:41 pm Post

Speaking of laptops ..
I just checked my notebook. The window is too big there, too, and I can't resize in height.

Not being able to resize a window properly is certainly a bug.

tiho_d
Platform: Linux + Windows

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:04 pm Post

When you grab the top left/right window corners you should be able to size down the window. Then grab the window title bar and move it up. Does this help?
Obviously if the window is too big for the monitor height, it will always remain hidden at the bottom.

wo
wordjoy

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:33 pm Post

tiho_d wrote:When you grab the top left/right window corners you should be able to size down the window. Then grab the window title bar and move it up. Does this help?
Obviously if the window is too big for the monitor height, it will always remain hidden at the bottom.

Noting that the on a 1366x768 display scaled to 100% the compile window will scale down to just fit.
HOWEVER,
This could be an accessibility issue if someone needs to scale the screen because of vision impairments.
So might be worth looking at how hard it would be to allow for a smaller minimum on scaling vertically.

Re
RevDave

Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:04 pm Post

tiho_d wrote:@rwfrantz: For writing yes, for compiling and editing compile settings the screen height of 768px is not enough to fit all the options.

I can get the compile window to fit (I can adjust the size of it). I can't get the editing compile settings window to fit (768px screen at 100%).

I see 3 issues (Beta 30):
+ I can change the windows and menu font size, but the text boxes do not get smaller to match the font size.
+ Whenever I go to change the size of the editing compile settings window (grabbing the corner) the entire window disappears into some sort of oblivion and the program freezes completely. I have to end the task with the task manager.
+ the biggest part of the window real estate is taken up with the display of what the chosen settings will look like. That can certainly be in an adjustable size section.

This isn't a show stopper, but I would consider this a bug.

Do
Dorothea

Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:36 pm Post

tiho_d wrote:When you grab the top left/right window corners you should be able to size down the window. Then grab the window title bar and move it up. Does this help?

In BETA30 that beast is even bigger than before.
Before I could at least see the upper edge from the bottom space whre the buttons are located.

And about grabbing a coin or something - the window starts to vanish downstairs immediaately. There is no way whatsoever to edit the pre-set layouts.
If it's not meant for us to create our own layouts, then there should be a lot more selections of design.. But that doesn't make sense, does it?

Please, file this.

rw
rwfranz

Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:40 am Post

I see two bugs here:

1) elements of the dialog box should resize to fit their contents.
2) There should be a scroll bar on any dialog box that exceeds the dimensions of the monitor (this would solve the problem).
Just another user.

rw
rwfranz

Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:42 am Post

Interesting behavior in Beta 31.

Entering the Compile Edit window, I'm in Section Layouts, and I cannot shrink the window beyond a certain point.
However, if I click on Transformations, I can shrink the window vertically to about 600 (not sure of the exact measure). If I then switch back to Section Layouts, it retains that height. (Using a Menus and Windows font of VAGRounded 10)
Just another user.

Do
Dorothea

Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:17 am Post

rwfranz wrote:Interesting behavior in Beta 31.

Entering the Compile Edit window, I'm in Section Layouts, and I cannot shrink the window beyond a certain point.
However, if I click on Transformations, I can shrink the window vertically to about 600 (not sure of the exact measure). If I then switch back to Section Layouts, it retains that height. (Using a Menus and Windows font of VAGRounded 10)

Where do I find this "Transformations"?
Doyou know perhaps, what it is in German?