Trouble with Scrivener on iPhone

I’m also having this issue. Everything i have is set to dark mode. I’ve unlinked and reminded Dropbox. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled scrivener OS. Doesn’t matter everytime i try to sync it crashes.

Had this happen to me a few times. I end up deleting/reinstalling and resyncing to fix it.

I notice the UI is weird when this happens. Large project icons instead of a list. I can create a new project but that’s it. Can’t open any projects, not even the one I created.

There’s some more information in this thread:
[url]https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/unable-to-open-any-project-on-iphone/47626/1]

If you would like an official response from the L&L team, please open a support ticket, here:
literatureandlatte.com/contact-us

Katherine

Went to the other thread.
Set everything to light mode and restart phone as suggested.
Sync failed as usual. App screen quits, but program still alive when app switching.
Going into the fourth week now.
The suck continues.

IPhone 11 Pro
iOS 13.1.2

I’ve had the same issue, but switching the iPhone from Automatic to Dark Mode at all times, and Scrivener from System Default to Dark fixes the problem. I tend to use Scrivener on the Dark setting no matter what, but it seems if it doesn’t match the iPhone’s current mode, then it screws up for me.

There is a temporary fix for this weirdness: rotate your iPhone to Landscape mode, then turn back to Portrait mode. Ta-da! Now it works: your projects are tappable for now. Repeat these magic moves every time when it happens to you :mrgreen:

Tried the dark mode idea. Didn’t work.:frowning:

This is all quite tiresome and frustrating and it’s disrupted my writing routine. It seems the only choices for continuing to work on my new iPhone is to dump the iPhone for a previous model, or dump Scrivener.

The suggestion on this thread (https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/unable-to-open-any-project-on-iphone/47626/1) that @silverdragon directed us to did the trick for me. That is, I set both my iPhone (SE) and Scrivener to Light Mode, and things finally worked. Previously, I had Scrivener in Dark Mode and my iPhone in Light Mode and I had the same problem as the rest of you (iPad interface without being able to open my projects). (Everything had been working fine until I upgraded to iOS 13 last night.)

Nothing I do will allow scrivener to sync with Dropbox. I’ve tried dark mode and light mode and unlinking and relinking. Help desk isn’t responding to my emails. Anyone have any other fixes?

Have tried to have only very few projects on the iPhone and in thr Db folder you sync with?

This worked for me, thank you. I’m brand new to Scrivener and almost deleted the app due to this little annoyance.

Like some others have posted, I had the same issue whereby Scrivener on my iPhone turned white and showed projects as tiles. Clicking on them would not open any of the projects. What did work for me: going into the phone settings and setting Scrivener’s Appearance to dark. This brought back the normal project display. My phone had been set on dark mode for some weeks already. This is a strange error that needs to be fixed.

Approaching the second month of crippled functionality and nothing but useless hacky hoops to jump through trying to get sync up and running…
Wheeeeeeeeeee!

I’ve experienced the same problem as described in this thread. By toggling modes and restarting the app I got it to work. However, until I found this thread I had no idea what to do and I am quite disappointed in the slow reaction from the Scrivener team, considering how severe this problem is.

I am having the exact same issue. Just updated the. iOS version and I can’t open anything, even after synching and trying a few of the other possible fixes mentioned in this thread.

I can’t open any of my projects. I’m on iPhone 8 Plus with the latest version of iOS 13

I managed to fix this by clearing the RAM.

1. With the iPhone open on the home screen, hold the power button until the slide to power off appears.
  2. Release the power button
  3. Hold down the home button for about five seconds until it returns to the home screen
  4. Open Scrivener
    Problem solved

For later iPhone without home button see

redmondpie.com/reset-or-cle … -required/

Hello all I believe I have found a work-around :bulb: when the switching off of dark mode does not seem to help. So for me it worked at first and then it stopped working again. I kept messing with it and I finally found a work-around for now:

• Create a project: call it “test”.
  • Save it to your files app on the iPhone.
  • Open project inside of the files app and it should open your scrivener.
  • When you go back to the menu, VOILA, it’s like nothing ever happened.

Keep that file over on your files app because you will have to use it every single time you close the app and reopen it. But hey, it’s a pretty simple fix while we wait for the code to get fixed.

Please let me know if this helped.

Happy writing!

#darkmode #ios #bug #wont #open