Scrivener iOS syncing via Dropbox continues to crash the app

Well, there are many users who struggle right now. In our forum, we get more and more inquiries why it doesn’t work anymore …

If you would like a direct response, you should open a support ticket, here:
literatureandlatte.com/contact-us

Katherine

Yes, and that’s why I think it’s unreasonable to demand that L&L contact each one in person instead of using the time to try to find out what’s happening.

I, and many others, haven’t had any trouble syncing, and that information is probably just as important.

You are not the only one having had that feeling.
LnL, you really give the impression that we are pestering you with our sync problems. Oh, there are workarounds, try them and see what sticks?
This is most likely a communications misunderstanding, but just a word saying “we are sorry for the issues, we are investigating and recognise it’s critical for our mobile users” would have been nice and would have gone a long way to keep the faith of some of us. Because we want to, really. But help us out here instead of being dismissive of the issue (“it works for some people so hey, bad luck for you” is really what comes across from LnL’s posts).
I have been an affiliate for years, I have loved and recommended Scrivener to countless pro colleagues but now I am seriously thinking I will jump ship once my current project is done and go to the other side where sync “just works”.

I think we’ve said that. Repeatedly, in multiple threads. Unfortunately, the existence of multiple threads makes it difficult to keep track of which people have received what information, who has been asked for log information, and so on.

Which is why, again, if you would like to address your own situation directly with a member of the L&L support team, you should open a support ticket.
literatureandlatte.com/contact-us

Katherine

This is mainly a USER forum so most of the comments in here come from fellow USERS, not L&L.

So I have never been on this forum and I am about as “computer-wise” as a newborn baby (acutally they could probably do more than me) I have been struggling with the same crash problem as everyone else since I tried uploading a new project on my brand new ipad (just purchesed over the weekend)

I have tried the suggestions found on this forum and still no luck. It’s definently a big issue for me as writing is my bread and butter, and almost exclusivly done on the go (follwoing around the kids) hense the need to do it on an ipad.

Unlinking and relinking dropbox has done nothing for me. I have even uninstalled scrivener and reinstalled it hopeing that would help.

I saw a mention for being able to manually transfer it over but other than the words “manually transfer” it pretty much was all greek to me.

Super frustrating that this is happening, I get it, bugs arrise as things update etc, but honestly I purchesed scrivner for its simplicity for me to write and publish. After reading through this thread, it kind of seems like we are just the petulent red headed step-child that wont stop bugging the parent in the eyes of L&L

If anyone has a moment to share with me how they manually moved over a project from a mac to the app I would really apprciate it…like pretend your telling a three year old how to do it. Even if I could just get my one current project over so I can work on it on the go that would be enough for me until this is fixed…assuming that someone is actually working to fix the problem…

iPad Os and iOs 13.2 just arrived. I have installed all updates and there is no change.
Scrivener is still crashing … it is frustrating.

yep still crashing for me too

:cry: No success either, at least not on both of my iPads after installing iPadOS 13.2.

iPad Pro (12.9 inch) ➜ successful sync
iPad Pro (11 inch) ➜ crashing like before

Thanks for the updates, even if they aren’t good to hear.

I’ve got the 12.9" iPad Pro as well, which is why I don’t think I can reproduce this problem myself.

I have the 12.9 iPad Pro though and it’s still crashing for me. As is my iPhone XS Max. My iPad Pro 10.5 works fine. On a separate note, the scratchpad is still crashing the app on Catalina. But don’t let that worry you just yet. The sync crash is far more frustrating.

Just to add to the information pool, I was also having the issue on both an iPad Pro 11, and an iPhone XS.

I performed the fix that was suggested earlier (unlink Dropbox, link a new folder and progressively move projects into it) and it seems to have worked - although note that I have only moved one project back, in contrast to the 15+ projects I used to have linked.

Heard from users of IA Writer, Paper and Procreate that this might be a Dropbox bug which has been fixed since by the devs of those apps… :confused: Could maybe the LnL team send just an email off to those guys to ascertain whether it’s the same issue?

I have the 12.9 iPad Pro 3rd-gen and my projects definitely crashed on sync there.

I have an iPad Pro 9.7 inch running 13.1.3. It syncs fine. My iPhone Xs Max with 13.2 won’t sync with dropbox. I have not tried all the solutions as of yet mostly because I don’t use my Phone for Scrivener all that much and can live without it. It is annoying.

you can probably move more - in the end I only had one project that crashes the whole sync - but unfortunately it’s an important one…

I have the newest iPad Air and latest iPadOs 13.
I moved my files and managed to sych all files except 2 files.

The differences between the successful and the unsuccessful are that the unsuccessful file are …

• bigger 25-400 mb
  • contains embedded and bigger images, jpg, png, and pdf.

/anders

Well, don’t get me wrong. I certainly appreciate to hear about workarounds that may help to keep on writing and syncing.
However, for me the main issue is: It worked perfectly before, even with 15 project files in the sync directory but with iOs 13 something has changed that is crashing the process. I still hope the developers find the issue since a manual transfer works fine but is painful. I was looking for a way to script the process, using the new “Shortcut” App but it seems it has no file transfer procedures. All I need is an iOs script that copies my project files from iCloud into the scrivener directory on the iPad and back. I keep on trying …

Not so much. “Works for me.” Doesn’t really add anything to solving the issue unless you can diagnose ‘why’ it works for you.

Essentially, you’re tone is saying it’s not an issue, which is false. In fact, this should be a priority 1 issue as it cripples the entire functionality of the app for the users experiencing it.

On a lighter note, I really like your username: Lunk. It’s a great character name. :slight_smile:

If it would help, I’d be willing to donate a project that won’t sync. It’s from an already published work.