Novel-in-a-Day 9

Um, bloodsucking? :open_mouth:

Oh, you’re so judgemental! :smiling_imp:

laughcry

Well, at his job, he’s sat on a toilet, been hit by a ball, dropped a tool that took a TV station off, mounted a satnav on his car amid a wild sandstorm, sang karaoke while being self-conscious of his terrible voice, traveled to 2020 to meet his colleague (in some peculiar way) … all the while being filmed or recorded in some other fashion. So.

Ha! Having done the karaoke thing, I entirely understand :smiley:

Was an awesome day and really appreciate all the work that you put into making it happen. I am not sure why but I am either away and doing it on my iPad balanced on lap or just back from a huge time difference, day before this year and eight hours difference, plus also after two major surgeries on knees :unamused: However I would not change this day for anything, to be a part of a group of people that enjoy writing, sharing an experience that is so unique to this forum. Thank you again pigfender.

Thanks again to the piggie for making this happen again. Sorry in advance for turning my table setting chapter into a novel unto itself :stuck_out_tongue:

By my calculation there are 229,582,512 distinct versions of Butterfly Dawn.

Making its underlying story an instant world classic – a tale humanity has told and retold so many times… Zoe is probably right up there with Jesus. Pigfender, see what you have wrought!

P.S. I have now posted my web version of Butterfly Dawn, replete with all chapter versions. If you are new to it: the site enables you to easily browse, compare, and choose between versions on a chapter-by-chapter basis – so you can put together your own bespoke edition of the book. More ways to enjoy the fruit of your labors!

http://gbrish.net/niadweb/2019

Best,
gr

Not… exactly. Bwahahahahaha!

Where are these mugs to be had?

The full instructions to get the NiaD badge are here:

[url]FAQs - #52 by pigfender]

I used that web address, with …4.png, but it’s offering me a 2014 mug. Have I time travelled, or is 2019 a different number?

And what do I do to add the mug to myself when I’ve got the right one?

Ah, got it; this year’s number is 9. And I suppose I add it as a signature, duh?

Nice interview with Pigfender here - good points about the fiction process: roundaboutfm.com/episode-109-ro … -in-a-day/

Hey, Maelduin… you took part in NiaD7 too! You can use 7-9.png in your signature!

Yo piggy, your signature shows a distinct lack of cups of any kind. I’m pretty sure you should have a double stacked, rum stained, broken pencil filled mug for EVERY NiaD.

I had 4 mugs for about 30mins after NiaD4 but it didn’t feel right so I took it back down. I’m very proud to have written chapters in 3 events and pleased I’m able to declare it on every single forum post!

Dude! You wrote every chapter! The entire thing was oinked into existence via your hard work. You really should give yourself more credit. Can you at least make a chipped cup for yourself?

I concur.

Don’t worry - if you know what the mugs are you probably know I’ve been involved! You might not know I’ve also taken part in 3! :smiley:

To quote the Queen of the Socks…

YOU CAN’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!

[size=75]She then learned what thumbs are and the advantages they afford the hairless monkey[/size]