Butterfly Dawn (NiaD 2019)

ButterflyDawn-Grey-Medium.jpg
Butterfly Dawn was written as a Novel in a Day on October 19th, 2019.

Three versions were produced: Blue, Orange and Red.

BLUE was written by:
SN Harrell, JD Salt, John Gray
Kelsey McIntyre, B Morris Allen, ASH
Douglas DiCicco, Sam Pynes, Mirela Vasconcelos
Nick Calvert, Alisia Faust, Greg Ray
Katie Quintero, Cindy Pinch, Tim Edwards-Hart
Dria Defoi, Chelsea Fuchs, LG Red
Amanda Hicks

ORANGE was written by:
Cassandra Lee Yieng, Noé Ramalleira Fernández, Victoria Griesdoorn
Alex Brantham, Ron Ward, Conrad Gempf
Amy E Lilly, Emily Thrash, Jaysen O’Dell
Matthew Schillinger, Marc Cooper, Dañiel Garcia
Waleed Ovase, Dan Hallberg, Julia Ward
SR Martin, Kaide Li, Pete Becker
Marilou Goodwin

RED was written by:
Jacqueline S Miller, Keith Blount, Ian Philpot
Kelsey McIntyre, Adela Torres, E Kinna
Julia Pierce, Astrid Stevens, Jaysen O’Dell
Matthew Schillinger, Simon Horn, Claire Woodier
Sue Cowling, CD Johnson, Heather Lovelace-Gilpin
Ian E Hart, Kimberlee Gerstmann, LG Red
Curtis Beaird

You can download the books for free here:
Blue_PDF
Blue_ePUB
Blue_mobi

Orange_PDF
Orange_ePub
Orange_mobi

Red_PDF
Red_ePub
Red_mobi

All of the versions were compiled using the Mac version of Scrivener. You can download the Scrivener project (which includes all the chapter briefs sent out to participants) here, along with the compile settings use to produce the books here.

A Mac v2 / Windows v1 compatible version of the Scrivener project is available here, along with older Mac v2 compile settings here.

Yayyyyyy I chose the right POV~~~!!!
Now, to alert my boyfriend that he’s influenced my contrib.

These three do give us some idea of the competition out there. Let the record show! There is a lot of it. Excellent writers here.
P.S. That is a killer title.

Love the cover and title! I’m also blown away by the talent of everyone who participated. Seriously, it’s humbling to write alongside so many excellent writers!

After some much needed sleep, I’ve been reading through all the versions and am amazed by the creativity. All of you have given a unique but equally fabulous interpretation to your chapter, and it’s so much fun to see how all three novels turned out!

Thank you, pigfender, for all your hard work in making this possible, and thank you to all my fellow participants for making this such a fun event. I had a great time with this story, and I’m looking forward to NiAD 10! :smiley:

Waiting for gr. So that we can mix and match different chapters.
Yikes, should have put “boyfriend” in air quotes. Like, “boyfriend”.

Orange Chapter 3 by Victoria.

Starting PDF page 27 line 13 to end of page.

Thank you for that section. I do not remember feeling “the character” so clearly ever before. Ever. Before.

Thank you.

Another resounding success for Rog and his family of Niad piglets.
HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS to you all.
Well done, take care,
Vic.

Just want to add my thanks to Rog for making NiaD happen again. It’s an event that genuinely earns the title of: there’s nothing else like it.

Update: “Boyfriend” has been notified. :laughing:

But does he know about the shift to air quotes? The “boyfriend” is always the last to know, eh?

Thanks. I’d like to get that up as soon as possible, but have to work on it while playing catch up for work. Taking a weekend out for NIAD puts me frightfully behind the crunch. So worth it though!

gr

P.S. Me too on the colorful title this year. Could also double for a war novel with a couple of military helicopters on the cover. :slight_smile:

He doesn’t even know this forum exists! But he’s snowed under so he won’t be able to read my masterpiece/manual compilation in PDF format (my chapter plus chapter briefs) anytime soon…

Thanks!

Indeed, it’s a beautiful juxtaposition of title and cover this year. Would there be a flaming and/or smoking mug on NiaD #10’s book cover or forum badge? Just saying :stuck_out_tongue:

Dear Friends,

I have prepared a web version of Butterfly Dawn, replete with all chapter versions. The site enables you to easily browse, compare, and choose between versions on a chapter-by-chapter basis – so you can put together your own bespoke edition of this book.

http://gbrish.net/niadweb/2019

Best,
gr

P.S. There are there similar choose-your-own-version editions of the earlier NIAD novels (for the years that had multiple editions).

Outstanding gr, Thanks.

Thanks gr!