Novel-in-a-Day 9

Let’s see if anyone disagrees with you.

Hi nomnomnom!

I want a flaming white mug! WANT!!!

It was lovely for this first-timer, though I got my words in late and probably a bit rough! Fell asleep last night and had to write most of it on the drive back in the back seat.

Now that’s proper posh: writing while your chauffeur drives you home!

You haven’t read my chapter yet…

There’s a new book in the library…
https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/the-library/27637/1

Yep, it’s big fun! (not so sure about lovely)
Now, tell us everything, all at once. Don’t you get car sick if you write in the back? Isn’t it hard to drive and type?

Sorry, just got my lunatic cat off the keyboard. Pay no attention to the above.

Have you seen that flaming white mug? MINE!

Adore you! :smiley:
AND the graphic’s there, too. W00T!

For anyone itching to update their forum signatures – the mug award images for 2019 are live!

Love the cover!*

gr

• And flaming white mugs.

I was wondering about that mug too! :smiley:
And yes, Mary is adorable.

Oh jeesh. I was chapter 9. That’ll be a jolt.

Yay!!! I’m excited!!!
Thank you, PF!!! :smiley:

Well, that’s a long enough day for me. I usually stay up for a bit after the book goes live so that Pete and Nom can point out to me that I’ve accidentally put multiple chapter 8s in the same book or put a glaring typo on the cover of every single version. Since none of you are doing that, I’m going to assume it’s safe for me to slip off and try to remember what sleep is. I’m pretty sure it’ll come back to me fairly quickly.

Before I head off, though, I want to say a huge thank you to all of you for taking part in this - the biggest Novel in a Day ever! Every year you’ve knocked me sideways with the quality of what you produce and how you take the story in directions that wouldn’t occur to me in a lifetime of invite monkeys.

Special thanks, of course, are due to Keith and the LL team for hosting the event again, and letting us mess up their nice clean forum for a bit. Mostly, though, I have to thank them for Scrivener, which makes planning, running and compiling all this stuff not only possible, but actually pleasurable!

Thank you dearest Piggasaurus… another blinder of an event… :smiley:

Thank you so very much, Rog! I had a blast, again, thanks to you. I haven’t read the books yet, but I’m very much looking forward to it. Thank you all of you talented beings writing and suffering along!

For those that like to share links, etc, with chums… the novelinaday page has now been updated. So you can either direct people to novelinaday.com for the main landing page, or go directly to novelinaday.com/butterfly-dawn for the book itself!

And… for those that like to listen to music while they read… here’s a link to the playlist I used while I was planning.
Butterfly Dawn Spotify Playlist

As feared, I forgot to send the chapter after letting it simmer while I slept. Had to call my spouse and navigate them into my e-mail folders when Google refused to let me send by phone. At least I’d set up a draft e-mail ready to go, and go the thing in on time. One more busy day and then I get the read the result of our genius this evening.

Thank you pigfender, this was the most fun! You give the best prompts.
P.S. My “boyfriend” still has no clue that my chapter is all about his fav hobby…