Novel-in-a-Day 9

Hey Pigfender, I’ve just sent mine in (sorry it’s a tiny bit late). Please let me know if it doesn’t come through.

Many thanks for organising this again, and for doing yet another incredible job with it.

All the best,
Keith

Mine is now sent, my sincere apology for being late.

I had so much fun with this one, I think I bit off a bit more than I could chew in one day. Lesson learned for next time! :smiley:

Hi @Pigfender,

I sent you my chapter about 5 minutes ago. Sorry it was a little bit late, but there were some French spellings I wanted to check.

I hope it’s okay as I sent you a rtf file and I wrote it all in Scrivener, except for the rough draft which I did longhand.

I’m looking forward to reading the finished books tomorrow and finding out what it was all about!

What dead line?!?!

Damn it piggy. You KNOW you need to tell me these thing multiple times. DURING THE EVENT.

Sent in at 1536 ET. 5832w. If you look, the brief is there. I like my story. I hope y’all enjoy it.

I am genuinely looking forward to your chapter. Granted, I’m expecting humor (bad “dad jokes” are a plus). So let me know now lest I be massively disappointed.
Mostly because I don’t want to be the only one. With a bad “dad joke” or two. :smiley:

There are “dad” jokes buried in there but not as “dad jokes”. If you’ve raised a daughter then you will see them.

Think more along the lines of a columbo meets the mob in france. But no death and destruction. I had too much fun this time.

I’ve been instructed to explain the 2 things.

1. The write what you know
  2. The “other woman”.

This is Mary, Queen of the Socks and she may have had more than a little bit of influence on my chapter.

263284D1-E5BF-40FE-B397-7D3566AC957F.jpeg

Well, I don’t know why she’s sideways. I guess we all just need to rotate our monitors.

Feeling a little thin on the ground this year skimming in just under 2000. But, results notwithstanding, a rollicking good time had here — four of us in my locale this year! Woohoo! Many thanks to our Plotmaster, Ringleader, Master of Ceremonies, Bookbinder, Et Alia!

Looking forward to a smashing read.*

gr

• My own chapter excepted, of course. But the rest of you darn well better be smashing!

Y’all up and die? It’s the quietest it’s ever been post NiaD …

Die? No - for some of us it’s past our bedtime already!

:open_mouth:

I’m wondering where GR got that flaming white mug from, and why 2015 is in yellow?

Also, I’m in awe of Mary Queen of the Socks (sideways, though she is).

Grrrrrrr is all kinds of special. I’ve never managed to annoy a straight answer out of anyone.

Mary does tend to steal the show around our local environs.

I’m feeling a little undead at the moment. So, you guys actually sleep during these things??

gr
of the flaming cup!

Up and die? I’m not that talented.

7p get brief
7:10 disparage piggy’s lineage
7:30 drink heavily
8:30 break up brief in scribe
8:35 redouble drinking effort
9ish make outline of initial bad idea
10ish throw away original outline and make another
10;15ish give up and go to bed
5ish wake up and complain about hangover
6ish run a couple miles
7ish breakfast and swear about “what dumba$$ wrote this outline!!”
8ish better outline
8:15ish break out emergency rum
9ish get serious and swap out shot glass for highball
930ish DELETE IT ALL
931ish get 16oz tumbler
10ish mumble at boss lady something like “do these letters make words”
11ish “WHO STOLE MY RUM!?!?!!”
12ish locate emergency rum
1p wife shake me awake and wipes drool from keyboard
2ish 2nd degree burns on fingertips from speed typing
3p wife shakes head and says “they’ll eventually get smart and not let you do this thing anymore”
3:30 I compile to to rtf and say “piggy will never learn” and hit send.

So yep! A sleep AND a nap.

Let’s see if anyone disagrees with you.

Hi nomnomnom!

I want a flaming white mug! WANT!!!

It was lovely for this first-timer, though I got my words in late and probably a bit rough! Fell asleep last night and had to write most of it on the drive back in the back seat.

Now that’s proper posh: writing while your chauffeur drives you home!