Novel-in-a-Day 9

Very impressed by some of the word counts here. I’m at 2.5K and hitting the home stretch. Probably will end up with about 3K after edits.

What does that word mean… “edits” ??

800 words of good writing beats 8K words of meaningless drivel.

I’m going for the drivel!

In my case it just means re-reading the whole thing and making sure in doesn’t come across as incoherent rambling. Not enough time for much else under these conditions.

Just finished and sent it off, almost 3K words exactly. This was great fun! Hope everyone else is having a good time with it.

Ehh… hey… peeps… what vampires?

I think I might be chapter #1. Haha.

Anyway, submitted 3.6K words just now and gave Rog a headache formatting my text. Oops, sorry, Rog. Love you! :blush:

Done! Diligently 1586 words including a seriously dodgy french accent. I apologise to France.

My wife speaks fluent French. But you can’t have her.

Finished? Submitted? You wretched goody-goody’s deserve some serious disapprobation.

Wails and gnashes teeth. :cry:

Reverso.net is a good contextual translator. But I work on the principle that less is more when using a language that your readers may not know.

Just finished and sent my chapter. Lots of fun!

Burkhas ftw.

I see Novel-in-a-Day is on Twitter, though it seems confused; was talking about 17 October being the writing date @novelinaday

And done - 2400 words, a few of which may actually be connected to the brief.

As always, looking forward to seeing how it all hangs together.

Many thanks for the opportunity - I had a blast doing this, even though it’s not a genre I would EVER write in.

Ok. Round one done. cut it down to 5600. not sure i WANT to cut more as i really like the mess I made of mr bacon’s plot

Just submitted my chapter! Came in at 2173! :smiley:

Done and in. Anyone else only mention what language they were speaking when it was plot important?

Sent! And in the nick of time too. Gosh, this was hard. Thing is, I got traction on the chapter barely two hours ago and so now I’m pumped but I’ve spent the day suffering for my art, as it were :laughing:

Anyway, Rog, feel free to tell me off if there are some blunders (I’m sure there are). If you need me to review/change things here I am at your disposal!

Me too :smiley:

Me too, too!

We just love making poor Rog suffer, don’t we :smiling_imp:

Got it submitted -1 minute on time! 1875 words. Looking forward to seeing what it turns into!