Novel-in-a-Day 9

Grumble-grumble-grumble

Thats interesting I printed first from my phone which has dark mode and that did not work not updated my mac which I am using today thought would wait until after,.

Not your fault pigfender we are eternally grateful to you for the hard work you put into this every year for us.

Thank you :smiley:

Thanks for figuring this out. We care.

Ohhhh just had a thought… can Vampires go out in the day? Clenches everything in fear

The cat, who I love dearly, and who is incredibly miffed I’m not giving her enough attention, has decided to come on heat.
So I have her yowling in one ear, and her-indoors laughing in the other. Also, it’s cold, bleak and drizzling.
If this is method writing, I’m not keen.

Yes, but they tend to burn up unless completely covered. :smiling_imp:

Oh balls.

Could they for instance work in a mall where there is no natural light at all?

April or May lighter days could they get there, maybe wear a hoody:)

Well… I’ve slept on it and since the cat is out of the bag (unless the cat IS the bag which proves Schrödinger right as cat would exist both and and out the bag simultaneously) I hate this genre. I shall do my best to not make this a monty python sketch gone sideways.

Although… that’s not a bad idea.

Seriously though. My best idea has been to cut/paste the brief and write a different story around it. This is why I’ll never make a living as a writer… i can’t do what i’m told.

That and I write in Hicklish not American. But that’s the lesser problem.

Why do you hate this genre?
Do you need to include any of the things you don’t like about his genre in your chapter?
How would you approach this subject matter to make you like it?
What would make you enjoy the something in this genre better?
How can you apply your voice and your story choices to the subject matter?

If you can answer a couple of those, you can put it in the writing. I’m now expecting your chapter to be an awesome and novel take on the genre! :smiley:

1 Like

Me, I like the genre, now it’s become a high fantasy / urban myth / travelogue.

Do you think adding the odd elf would be too much?

Nah, we had the odd elf last time. In a pub.

I’m just not big on anything “horrorish”. Not that this is, but my initial read of it is “bah… twilight or steven king”. Both of those land in “the bin” (as you all call it) in my house.

And you should know me by now. I’ll get your brief in there. But you may have to work a bit to find it. And this year, I’m writing for Fluff and Vic-K and someone who I will introduce later today. Let’s just say I have another woman in my life and she has curly, chocolate brown hair.

Pigfender told me “sunlight, not so good! She doesn’t know that though, but why would you ever risk it?” That’s why I had to scrap my first draft (as far as it had got, anyway), as everything in it could happen only during the day.

Following this thread discreetly, as I think what you guys are doing here (and every year) is fantastic. Lumping Stephen King in with Stephenie Meyer, though, is pure blasphemy and should lead to permanent expulsion from the forums :smiley: :wink:

Trust me, I don’t “lump them together” but I see them like the rapid “dem v rep” political gangs. I don’t like either side so burn it all.

And I’ve given much much much better cause for lifetime bans. But then they let Vic-K stay so they’ve kind of made it difficult to ban anyone.

Sitting at 1500 and just getting into the brief. BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Yep… just had to change someone from working in H&M to a night pharmacy… I was going to put her in a mall or something, but the French don’t do trading in unsociable hours! Curses!