Novel-in-a-Day 9

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of Niad9’s participants, a happy fun-filled, intellectually challenging, Niad 9 day, full of demanding, but rewarding literary endeavour, and achievement.
Take care and enjoy!!
Vic

You’ve taken part before, gothcabbage – I can add you if you want to take part.

Yes please - I would love to do another one. And sorry for the disruption caused my late appearance!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I can’t believe it’s almost here!!! Yay!!!
bounces up and down like an excited 6yo

Please can I play? :smiley:

My excitement level is being met by nervousness. I haven’t been nervous since my first year, but it is hitting me again. :open_mouth:

I think I’m going to let excitement win.

Eeeeek. :smiley:

I was calmly going about my business when it suddenly HIT ME! It’s tomorrow! Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!

Dealing now with the traditional feeling of “I forgotted how to cause the writing appear” and associated feelings of vague nausea, excitement, panic and elation. I can’t believe I return each year for more of this!

Well, yes, Yes, I can believe it.

Counting down…!

Counting down and freaking out! :smiley: I can’t remember the exact time in my time zone. I think I still have three hours though.
EDIT: checks countdown timer Oh! nearly 5 hours. Whew.

Just flown into the UK from Canada so am hoping to be really awake early in the morning:)

I am starting to feel that old familiar butterflies in the stomach sensation. Putting the ciders in to cool, check. Checking in early, in case I am late, check. Finding a time zone map so I can check how much longer it will be until the packets start dropping, check. Making sure my computer will still boot, check. Ready as I will ever be, check.

My first time participating and I’m excited! I’m on my last day of vacation in East Tennessee and will be writing into the night on my balcony overlooking the woods and the smokies!

What if we refuse?

Now this sounds lovely! :smiley: Enjoy. I’ll be on my couch. My cat snoring. My hubby asking if I’m done yet. :smiley: LOL Enjoy that view. :smiley:

Super dumb question from a first timer, but are the files emailed or posted here?

Emailed.

Nearly there!

I feel as if we ought to be doing some sort of writerly equivalent of the vocal warm-ups that choirs do. Perhaps we should all sit and type “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog”, 100 times each, and then wander off into a discourse on the character arc of the fox and debate the hidden secrets of the dog…

Waiting for the email to ping in just over an hour. Then read the brief, wonder what the hell I’ve got myself into again, make some notes, decide its impossible, then maybe think it might not be, write some more notes, and then go to bed in the hope that the night-fairies will visit me with all the missing information I will need.

Then up in the morning and write, write, write until the sun goes down and it’s time to send it in…

a
aa
aA
Aa
AA
b
bb
bB
Bb
BB
c

But… but… you’ve stolen my brain.