Novel-in-a-Day 9

Sorry!

Well, poop. I’ve never written in the sorry genre.
It’s obviously historical, harking back to the days when an accident was an accident and apologies sufficed. No ambulance chasing litigiousness here, then.
I’m salivating at the opportunities afforded.
In the words of an odd friend: W00T!

Ooo yes. Maybe one of those sorrypunk novels — steam and clocks and transistors do not exist; instead advanced apologetic technology powers every aspect of people’s sorry lives.

Well, shucks you guys… you know every time you successfully guess the genre I have to go away and come up with something new?!

Anyway… less than a week to go until the big day! If you’ve not signed up yet — now’s the time!

Three days and twenty three minutes… :smiley:

Well, if you feel you must abandon the Sorry genre and turn this into haberdashery fiction, that’ll suit just me fine.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa aaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hysteria? Or have you joined a choir?

(2 days 5 hours 32minutes) :open_mouth:

Could be your genre hint.

Ah ha ha!
Umm… no. Can’t think of a genre that includes a hernia exam.

PLEASE NOTE - SIGN UP FOR THIS YEAR’S NIAD HAS CLOSED – THIS IS TO ALLOW TIME TO GET ALL THE DOCUMENTS TOGETHER. IF YOU’VE TAKEN PART BEFORE WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE AN EXCEPTION AND SQUEEZE IN A SMALL NUMBER MORE IF YOU ARE QUICK.

Can’t wait to get started! Thanks for hosting this again, Rog.

Typically, here I am wandering along late in the day!

I’d have loved to take part but have hesitated far too long - I’m lighting a play that opens on Saturday evening so was unsure until this week whether I’d have lots of last-minute stuff to fix for it on Saturday! In fact I don’t think I will have but I couldn’t have known that until last night… All the best to those participating though, especially any for the first time. Have fun!

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of Niad9’s participants, a happy fun-filled, intellectually challenging, Niad 9 day, full of demanding, but rewarding literary endeavour, and achievement.
Take care and enjoy!!
Vic

You’ve taken part before, gothcabbage – I can add you if you want to take part.

Yes please - I would love to do another one. And sorry for the disruption caused my late appearance!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I can’t believe it’s almost here!!! Yay!!!
bounces up and down like an excited 6yo

Please can I play? :smiley:

My excitement level is being met by nervousness. I haven’t been nervous since my first year, but it is hitting me again. :open_mouth:

I think I’m going to let excitement win.

Eeeeek. :smiley:

I was calmly going about my business when it suddenly HIT ME! It’s tomorrow! Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!

Dealing now with the traditional feeling of “I forgotted how to cause the writing appear” and associated feelings of vague nausea, excitement, panic and elation. I can’t believe I return each year for more of this!

Well, yes, Yes, I can believe it.