Recent Mac OS Catalina update stops toggling bold/unbold when using Command + b

I’m using Scrivener for Mac (v3.1.3 (11945) on a early 2015 MacBook pro » Command + B does create bold text. Command + B does not unbold text.

I also have this issue.

Command + b doesn’t work to bold or unbold text

Command + i works to make text italic, but then won’t un-italic it

Command + u works correctly to underline and to remove underline

Here, cmd-i does nothing at all.

Yup, this is a known issue, and another reason why we do not yet recommend upgrading to 10.15.

This will be fixed in a soon to be released compatibility update.

In the meanwhile, the buttons on the Format Bar work, as well as manual font variant selection.

The compatibility update that fixes this bug is now available online. Use the Scrivener ▸ Check for Updates… command, or download it from the main site.

Also have this issue. Bought via App Store, so I can’t really just download the hotfix from the site, now can I?

Its really rather bothersome for me.

Help?

You can give it a try. There were some issues with receipt detection in relation to localisation, which I’m not sure if they are fixed or not. But if all goes well, the direct-sale version will automatically unlock, and if so, you can switch to that version permanently.

Otherwise you’ll just have to wait a bit. We no longer release both at the same time on account of how long it can sometimes take Apple to review an update. We’ve been burned too many times in the past, where critical bug fixes are left sitting in their queue for weeks, while they quibble over the wording of menu labels and other trivial matters.

I still have this issue (Command+b and Cmd+i not working) with Scrivener 3.1.4 (12105) and macOS Catalina 10.15 while those shortcuts work with Scapple.

This thread is where the discussion continued.

Thx for the info.
I did not notice this thread.