NiaD 8: Live and Let NiaD

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:26 pm Post

gr wrote:
pigfender wrote:Were they any good?

73 x 10^3 were quite fine. I laughed. I cried. I wrote come critical notes.*

gr

*Still puzzling about how to make any sort of substantive remarks about a NIAD book and still seem like a nice guy -- that is, without slighting anyone or stepping on anyone's toes.

I’m up for it. I love NiaD, and think at least a couple of the chapters I’ve submitted over the years have been quite good, but I have only a basic idea of what I’m doing, and probably don’t know what I’m not doing. You’re welcome to use any of my chapters from any of the NiaDs as the subject of, or to illustrate, your critical notes**.

Regardless of whether or not my chapter(s) are mentioned, I’m genuinely curious in what you’ve noticed. But probably not in this forum. Maybe ina forum marked “There be Dragons” (or maybe something a little more modern). I’m not sure how I might have responded after (let alone before) my first NiaD, so let’s make sure people are looking for your comments.

**If I cry, you can buy me a beer if I’m ever in your part of the world.
:D
Complete and utter NOMsense.

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:23 pm Post

gr wrote:*Still puzzling about how to make any sort of substantive remarks about a NIAD book and still seem like a nice guy -- that is, without slighting anyone or stepping on anyone's toes.

Apologies, only just properly noticed this. If the toes you're worrying about are mine, then don't - please go ahead. Any well intentioned feedback is helpful to (a) improve da skillz and/or (b) develop a thick skin.
Carly wrote:I bet you think this song is about you. Don't you? Don't you?
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Camy
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:19 pm Post

I'd love (maybe 'quite like' would be better) to have my chapters pulled apart.
I might weep, but there's no growth without tears.*

*a famous saying?

MacPro 7.5 - Scrivener & Scapple
Lenovo - Ubuntu/Win 8.1- Scrivener & Scapple

gr

Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:54 am Post

I have something written up that covers a bit over half the book, and have notes on a portion of the remainder. I am figuring to put something together to share after we are all finished happily crowing about NIAD 2019!*

gr

* And maybe this year, when I sit down to read the new book, I will think to jot down a few notes after each chapter the first time through — which I did not do last time which is why it is taking me so long to get something together (well, that and work) — so this time maybe I could just put together a Review-in-a-Day (RIAD), haha.
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

nom

Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:40 pm Post

gr wrote:maybe I could just put together a Review-in-a-Day (RIAD), haha.

Now you’re in trouble: annual RIAD, scheduled one day after NIAD...

I am looking forward to seeing what you’ve written.
Complete and utter NOMsense.