unable to verify your activation for more then two months

Make sure you have the latest version, which is 1.9.14, released September 17.

Make sure you have the latest version of .NET.

If you still have the problem, open a support ticket, here:
literatureandlatte.com/contact-us

Katherine

Katherine, jumping in to ask how I can find out what version of .NET I have (I can’t seem to find it in Control Panel).

Finding out which versions of .NET framework you have installed:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet … -installed

Seriously, is this a joke? The hotfix that was launched last week seemed to fix the problem, but now I get the message that the program hasn’t connected with the license system for 3 months and will roll back into trial mode after 6 months. This is almost hilarious.

Edit: added a screenshot to prove I’m not joking.

Thanks for this. Unfortunately, what I gather from it is that Scrivener users–most of whom are writers with only average skill and interest in operating system innards–have to honk around in the registry to find out if they have the right .NET. And if they don’t (or at least if it seems to them from their registry-honking that they don’t), what then? How do they/we go about updating .NET?

I realize that the whole account activation sideshow has been a nightmare for Scrivener staff, at the worst possible moment in the long-extended v. 3 development cycle. But I’m hanging on to my perfectly functional 1.9.9 as long as it continues to run, until v. 3 is released. And then maybe a few weeks after that, to make sure the hot mess that is Paddle is working right.

The update appears to have worked fine, the software opens pretty quick and I don’t get the warning note anymore. Thank you guys.

After the new update, the programme has been working fine, up until today I got the activation verification error again.

After the update, the program worked fine, but today the activation verification error came out again.

I am sorry if my English is not good, I use the translator.

Guys, can you please upload some logs. Start ScrivenerLog.bat as an Admin (right click and Run as Administrator) and upload them in this thread, Copy paste the console output or upload the last log file from within the “log” subfolder. Thanks!

Good morning, here I leave what appears on the console:

Debug: Starting communication. Debug: Could not open pipe. Last Error: 2 Debug: Communication disabled. Debug: Starting communication. Debug: Communication enabled. Debug: Sending command: "Configure" Debug: Message sent to server, waiting for reply. Debug: License Server reply received. Warning: Could not find active Internet connection access point. Cannot verify activation.

Although it says there is no internet access, I have internet and it is also added to the antivirus and firewall exceptions.

Sorry for my English, I use translator.

Same issue as darlingmaria. Scrivener was working fine until just this morning. Except now the warning says Scrivner hasn’t been able to contact the server for 3 months.

Here’s my log:

It has a long list of Debug notes on loading fonts (no postscript name - I don’t think this is a problem) and then loads my document fine and then tries to communicate re: licence and that’s when the errors start.

Fixing the error with message: "Debug: Last Error: “Error occurred when trying to load product file for product id: 560808…”

Close Scrivener and navigate to the “C:\ProgramData\Paddle” folder, and delete the following file:

C:\ProgramData\Paddle\NTYwODA4.padl

Then re-open Scrivener and try the registration again. I hope that will solve the problem, but if you encounter the same error, then please repeat the process, but this time deleting both of the following files:

C:\ProgramData\Paddle\NTYwODA4.padl
C:\ProgramData\Paddle\NTYwODA4.spadl

After step 2) you should re-enter your registration details unfortunately. We are working with Paddle to fix this issue.

@sheima90: The true problem is reported with the message: “Could not open pipe.”. To fix this make sure you restart or shutdown your computer(not Sleep, or Hibernate) and try again. If it still gives the same error, restart the computer, but this time try running Scrivener with Admin rights(right click Run as Administrator). If you still get the 3 months license prompt, please contact L&L support with the last log file generated on your system as an Administrator.

@sheima90: After a second look at your log, I have a better understanding of the problem on your machine. I believe you have a relatively slow computer. This caused the first “Could not open pipe.” error. It would be great if you could confirm your PC technical specs and your OS version. The second problem is that actually Scrivener does not detect reliably your Internet connection. May I suggest trying the following:

1. Restart your computer.
  2. Navigate into the Scrivener installation folder and Paddle subfolder and double-click Paddle.exe. The file location by default is: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Scrivener\paddle\Paddle.exe”. You might see a quick window appear and disappear. This is expected. We only want to speed up starting of the application Paddle.exe when we launch Scrivener.
  3. Start ScrivenerLog.bat as usual and check the logs. The “Could not open pipe.” message should be gone.

If nothing here helps, you can always deactivate and activate again with your license code, which is inconvenient obviously.

Hi,
I’m a desperate French user :slight_smile:
Same problem here, the update fixed the activation problem til this morning but now it’s back.
I don’t understand the following instructions : “Start ScrivenerLog.bat as an Admin (right click and Run as Administrator) and upload them in this thread, Copy paste the console output or upload the last log file from within the “log” subfolder.”
Can’t even locate ScrivenerLog.bat :frowning:
Thank You

Thank you very much for your help. Yesterday I deactivated and reactivated the license and it has not shown me the message, anyway here are the technical specifications of my PC:

-Windows 10 Home version 1903 64btis
-processor: AMD athlon™ II x2 250 3.00 GHz
-RAM: 4,00 GB

@MarionB: ScrivenerLog.bat is usually within the Scrivener installation folder. By default Scrivener is installed under: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Scrivener”
If you still cannot follow my instructions, please contact L&L support and they will help you further.

Thanks tiho_d - that seems to have worked for me. Will advise if it starts again.

Got the same message today! Who has time for this craziness?

Me too. On one of two computers.