Error: A connection to the licensing server could not be established

I know you will. :smiley:

I’m working all my stuff (not only my novels) with Scrivener for years now and I love and recommend your program ever since.

You are doing a fine job. I know you will fix it!

Just to update, it looks like they’ve found the source of the problem, as a crash in a piece that tries to activate. Since it is separate from the main program it isn’t the kind of crash that halts the software itself. It looks like they’ve got that fixed, and should have a build out soon.

Meanwhile, just to reassure everyone: you’re in no immediate risk of losing access to anything! It’ll just be a “nag screen” you have to put up with until it is fixed. It’s annoying, but just click though it!

Thank you - that is good news! :smiley:

Whew, that is good news! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Glad it’s being worked on. I get this message every time I open a project. Good luck!

Hi All,

We managed to pinpoint the problem. Before releasing it to public, I would like to ask you to test it first and report your results.

This is a Dropbox link to a Scrivener.zip archive file with the Scrivener.exe inside:
dropbox.com/s/v6orz5b8aq4mt … r.zip?dl=0

Please, close Scrivener, extract the archive contents and replace the Scrivener.exe file within your Scrivener installation folder with the file extracted from the archive.

Start Scrivener as usual. You should no longer receive the nag messages. We tested it internally and it worked, but would be thankful to verify it with a small group of users before we publish the official release to a wider audience. Looking forward for the results of your tests.

Thank You in advance!
Tiho

Hi Tiho: It seems to work on first sight. But the nag message/s don’t pop up every single time I open Scrivener, so I will test it a few days and come back to report.
Thank you!
Susanne

Hi,

I am getting this error as well and have been for weeks. I contacted your support weeks ago, and no one ever responded. I just get automated emails saying to “expect delays”, and then literally nothing else EVER.

I have written an entire book in your program, which I PAID FOR, and now every time I open it I get an error threat telling me the program is going to be taken from me.

If I lose this entire book I will of course be furious, and the fact that your support does not respond at all is really frustrating.

Reading this thread says we will not lose anything - can someone please confirm this is correct???

Honestly answering your support emails would be really helpful during an issue like this :.

Kbell -

Did you even read Tiho’s message a few above yours?

That worked for me!

Yes, I thought that was a specific message to the person they were addressing? It says “Before we release to the public”. I took that as needing to wait for something to be released to us?

Tried downloading the link at dropbox and installing - it has an error. No sure what it means to “Extract the archive”.

I’m not technical person- just trying to get my product I paid for to work. Would appreciate the product to respond to support inquiries.

Apparently it’s broken again. Now the program won’t launch at all.

Did you reboot after upgrading? I’ve seen a few cases where that is necessary.

Hi Tiho, hi all
It works till today, At that moment I’m installing the update and crossing my fingers …

Edit: Scrivener started normally, everything is fine. Thanks a lot for the good job!
I’m working with Scrivener for years now - I love it!

I too am having this problem, mine saying it has been two months since connection and it is reverting to trial mode. This complicates things because I cannot now close my project. It wants to back it up and always simply shuts down after a slow climb to 55% of the backup. Reinstalling does not help, opens the same project and the cycle repeats.

I have work to do. What are my options here. I have a valid license bought only a few months ago.

Hakim

Have you installed the update and rebooted?

This is the version I have: Version: 1.9.14.0 - 13 Sep 2019 which says it is up to date. Have reentered license details but same project opens and won’t close without crashing during backup at 55%. Yes, have rebooted several times, one of which allowed the entry and acceptance of license. Any thoughts?

Backup failure is probably a different issue. Please open a support ticket.
literatureandlatte.com/contact-us

Katherine

Thanks Katherine. You are correct; by disabling save on exit I was able to open other projects. Support ticket seems the way to go. Many thanks.
\Hakim

Hey, guys! I encountered the same error over three months ago, I tried deactivating (it won’t deactivate) and uninstalling and installing many times but the problem persists. Kindly help, thank you so much!

https://ibb.co/pLZr7ZX