Novel-in-a-Day 9

First timer here, but I’d like to sign up to participate.

I would love to participate! :smiley:

I would like to be a part of NiaD9.

Welcome back eurasianflavour! I’ve added you to the list!

lomythica, kpenti, Luxtizer - welcome to the forum! I’ve sent you all a private message with the next steps!

Hi! I’ve heard great things about this and I’d love to participate.

-Enink

Hey Enink - good to hear! I’ve sent you a private forum message with the next steps! Welcome to the forum!

Hi! I would love to take part again. :slight_smile:

Hey there, xandria! Welcome back!

That brings us to 43 confirmed participants – we need at least 5 people more to go ahead (although I’ll happily have 50 more! :slight_smile: )

For anyone who is interested, I now know the genre, basic story structure and plot elements (up to Step 4 on the Patented* Pigfender Story Development Framework, for those familiar with such things).

I’ve also come up with a working title (they rarely make it to the final book), created a Spotify playlist of story appropriate tracks to listen to while planning, and – for the first time, created a rough mock cover to aid the whole inspiration process!

• not really patented.

Piggy, you don’t need to make fun of your cover… Vic-k and I can do that for you!

And I’m out of rum already (dang slow-cane!). You may need to reschedule this for a week or two later :stuck_out_tongue:

Young Master Jaysen, Pangur is proffering the thesis that, if Vic-k has actually read that, he’d probably see it as piglet assuming a fake identity, i.e. The Marquis de Sade, or Belinda Balloons, the Chancellor of Stockport’s BDSM Academy. Or some other worthy inspirational literary figure of note.
Take care
Fluff

Fluff, I won’t say “you’re wrong”. And, infact, Pangure AND Mr K may be correct as well. Mr Bacon is very unpredictable as we approach the onset of NiaD.

Young Master Jaysen, Those words have an unnervingly ominous ring to them :open_mouth:
If we look back through the swirling mists of history, we read of the onset of 'War; plague; famine, and the glaringly obvious Brexit debacle.
Choose ones words wisely, young Master Jaysen.
Fluff

Dear Fluffiest,

I did! If one considers the difference in efforts between the drunken participants and the and drunken organizer, one can only use the word “onset”. Consider that he not only plans but he reviews the results. Which means he’s reading at least one rum soaked version that must be likened to battle, or fending off starvation, or dealing with politicians.

Young Master Jaysen,
you’ve omitted the onset of plagiarism , as in plagueiarism.
Fluff

Hi!
I want to participate again!
It’s stressful but fun!

My wife and I are working up to our annual bet on genre! Because I’ve sussed you are planning to throw us for a loop this year, I am adding in an outsmarter to my decision matrix. See, I figure this time I should figure to pick something I would never figure to pick. Only problem is now my decider is turning up nil. Go figure! Notwithstanding, I continue undaunted.

I quit.

Yay! Welcome back!
FOUR MORE PARTICIPANTS NEEDED or we’ll cancel and make everyone sad. :cry:

Encourage your friends and casual associates to take part! Buy a tshirt and wear it in public. Don’t forget to tell everyone who asks you about your cool tshirt* how you earned it!

• this tends to happen to me in bookshops, which is another thing that the kindle store can’t replicate.

Also – apparently travel mugs are a thing now. Should we make those available?

If it’s any help, I personally guarantee that this year’s genre will be either be people’s favourite genre ever or their least favourite or somewhere between the two!

That’s not fair! I just ordered more RUM! and paid for overnight delivery…

I would like to participate!

Hi Cdelaine! Great! I’ve sent you a private forum message with the next steps!