Novel-in-a-Day 9

On Saturday October 19th 2019, we’ll be taking part in NiaD IX… Our NINTH event to pool the collective talents of writers from around the world and write a damn fine book in just a single 24-hour period!

What is it?
Novel-in-a-Day is an annual event where a group of writers from across the planet get together and write a novel. A whole novel. In a single day.

If you’re new to NiaD please check out the FAQs for more details and background, but essentially:

1. At midnight (UK time) on the day of the event you’ll be emailed a brief of what you need to include in your chapter.
  2. You go away and write your section without any knowledge of the wider story or where your chapter fits in the book.
  3. You return your chapter by 8pm (UK time) at which point it’s turned into ePub, mobi and PDF books using the magic of Scrivener, ready for publication on or around midnight.

When is it?
You can check the start time and submission deadlines for your local timezone here:
Starts - countdown or time
Submission deadline - countdown or time
Ends - countdown or time

How do I sign up?
If you’re up for the challenge of taking part (and have read the FAQs to know what you’re letting yourself in for), let me know by posting in this thread! If you’ve never taken part before, you’ll be contacted via private forum message with the next steps, so keep an eye out!

Please note that, while there is no upper limit on the number of participants, the event will only be going ahead if we’ve got at least 48 people signed up by 1st October - so spread the word and invite your writing friends to sign up too!

PLEASE NOTE - NOVEL IN A DAY 9 HAS NOW FINISHED!
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK PART!

This post will be updated as people register their interest.

The following people have registered:
- AB17
- amyelilly
- Apsley
- ASHnovelist
- auxbuss

• Bedhead
    - Bindyjones
    - Calkate
    - Camy
    - Cdelaine
    - ClaireWoodier
    - clothdragon
    - ConradG
    - Daurmith
    - Deruji
    - enink
    - eurasianflavour
    - Evil Overlord
    - FleetAdmiralO
    - gr
    - gothcabbage
    - hallda01
    - homeport
    - ianhart
    - IanPhilpot
    - IceBat
    - JacquelineM
    - Jaype
    - Jaysen
    - jdsalt
    - katlovergilpin
    - Kayden
    - KB
    - lomythica
  • Luiciferis
    - Luxtizer
    - Maelduin
    - Monadica
    - nav66
    - nom
    - pacifika
  • paintminion
    - pete340
    - RedOrion1
    - RonjoI
    - sameagleusa
    - scrapsandsass
    - seedypoet
    - Shift
    - shorn
    - Siren
    - StephH
    - thegirlclaudia
    - Thrash
    - VDGriesdoorn
    - xandria
    Which makes 56!

Me too, me too, please! And Daurmith makes three!

Yay!

Yes please.

I am up for the challenge! :slight_smile:

Hi there Bedhead and missellerest! Welcome to the forum!

I’ve sent you both a private forum message with the next steps - just a few bits of extra info we need to get you signed up!

I’m in, please!

I will have a go.
Joe C.

How is my name not already in there?!?!?

Clearly I need to be more forceful in my expressing my desire to participate!

One doesn’t like to presume!

Siren, Jaysen, yay! Welcome back! I think it’s going to be a really good one this year! :slight_smile:

joe crieda, I’ve sent you a private forum message with the next steps. Welcome to the forum!

It better be!!! I’ve waited nearly a year* for it!!! And the Mrs can’t wait for me to be occupied for a whole day!! And the rum factory needs to reduce inventory!

And now I’ve used up all my exclamations points so make sure I get a boring chapter.

I would love to participate!

Yeah, it’s going to be brilliant! This year, we’re doing a █████████ story! A ██████ finds themselves █████████████, although ███████ is ███████████! Then, when ████████████████, ███████ has to ███████████ leading to █████████████!!!

It’s going to be great!

Well played sir… well played.

Hi Bindy! Welcome to the forum!
I’ve sent you a private message with the next steps!

Count me in. Looking forward to it as usual!

Yay!

I’d like to try this crazy thing. Sounds weird and interesting and brilliant.

gr

This is a mistake… you should run and hide and run a pool on the empty bottles of liquor, tea, coffee and other “brain motivators”. It’s much much safer that way. Otherwise you could turn into … me.