Where did the shadows go?

I used to demarcate my notes with a shadow. That was my default. Now I notice that clicking the checkbox “shadow” has no effect. And also, when I open old scapples, that the shadows have disappeared.

Shadows seem to be working fine here (10.14.6, Scapple version 1.3.3). Have you tried a quick reinstall to make sure nothing is wrong with the installation?

I’ll try that. Thanks!

Didn’t help. Went through the process of re-install Scapple (which was quite awkward as it is impossible to download the program wo buying it again; had to download 1.3.2 and upgrade it to 1.3.3). Still no shadows though, so I’ll live with that.

That’s strange, where did you run into a “pay wall” for downloading the software? It should be readily obtainable from this page.

Do you use any accessibility settings that might alter the display of subtle shading? For example, the Display contrast slider, in System Preferences: Accessibility: Display, can certainly knock out shadows. I suppose even a “stressed” monitor calibration could cause that, or a display filter like Flux?

Funny (peculiar, not ha, ha!). Obviously if I have Safari locked to the right half of my screen, what I get if I click your link is iOS version of your page. When I expended the page to full screen, the content changed to the desk-top version, where as you say I can download the program. :unamused:

I’ll go on procrastinating over the shade.

Thanks!

Ah! Yeah, we really need to get that fixed. :blush:

Bumping up an old issue. Just wanted to say that I’ve found the culprit. Shadows work fine on a default background. They disappear with a textured background.

Bingo! That’s the problem—it looks like there may be some issues with how styles render in the inspector as well, when no notes are selected, do you see that as well?

Update: never mind, I got it figured out. In Dark Mode styles show up as solid boxes in the inspector, when nothing is selected in the board.