Getting images into Scapple

Same thing here on macOS 10.14.5 and Scapple 1.3.3 (404).
– Drag and drop doesn’t work;
– Copy and Paste from the finder results in a generic icon (JPEG for instance);
– Open in Preview, then Copy/Paste works fine.

Have a nice day.

Gilles

For those that use LaunchBar, there is a super handy command to Copy File Contents (⌥⌘C), and an even more handy command to Copy and Paste File Contents (⇧⌥⌘C), which dumps the pixels of the selected file directly into Scapple (or whatever program is in the foreground).

I am a new user of scapple, too, and have the same issue.

Hi @all, I just reported this as a bug report and linked to this thread. Lets hope for a quick fix!

Just in case it isn’t clear, I’m with L&L, and so we are in fact already well aware of this. We do not need any more confirmations or bug reports sent in. :smiley: Thanks for the helpfulness though, it is appreciated, I just don’t want anyone else to waste their time testing this or filing reports.

Workaround with “Preview copy” does not work for me, the only thing that works is making a screenshot with Shift+Option+Command+4 and then pasting it.

It would help to know a little more about what you’re trying, and what result you get. The type of image you are loading in Preview may make a difference (use ⌘I in Preview and examine the first tab, if you’re unsure), and what sort of result you see in Scapple. Is the Edit ▸ Paste menu command available?

A quick look at 1.3.3 says the same image posting problem remains.

I should hope so. :slight_smile: 1.3.3 is where the bug was introduced, so of course it will remain in that version so long as it exists. It is 1.3.4 where you should see things fixed.

Hi,
I was wondering if there was an update to this? Thanks, Simon

Same here. I stumbled upon Scapple today, tested it for an hour and then bought it because I think it is really great and excactly what I was looking for. I did notice the bug that makes dragging images from the finder not work, but I also found that dragging from any other source works fine. So i’m confident this will be sorted out.

Found a workaround:

Drag & drop an image to Chrome, then drag it back to Scapple

^^ Firefox works too. A bit messy but gets the job done for now.

I have the same problem getting images and pdf from Scapple. some workaround could help for the moment but, reading the forum seams that this issue was detected since two month ago. When the next release fixing the problem will be ready?

No doubt when it’s ready!

As long as we are on the subject, will it be possible to include animated gifs such as this?

f3dccc52b51c77e351261a79ba9e6c0e.gif

Here are the answers:

If I select and copy the image in Finder, Edit/Paste is available in Scapple. If I paste, I get the big box with “JPEG” in it.

If I drag and drop, I get the text string.

The work around I use is to open it in Preview, Copy, Open Scapple, Paste.

Thanks; agreed. The person I was responding to however, when I said that, was stating that on their Mac it did not work to copy and paste from Preview. I don’t know how to make that not happen, and that is what I would require more detailed information in order to reproduce.

The basic bug itself requires few special conditions to reproduce, sorry for being unclear.

Hi,

Further to al above any news when version 1.3.4 will be released?

Am currently using IOS 10.13.6 and have been using Scapple since 2014 . For me the drag-and-drop function for images is one of Scapple’s most useful. Please, it’s been 3 months now since this problem was reported, make us happy!

NB. I have tried the suggested workaround of copying outside of Finder then pasting and also dragging and dropping from Chrome rather than Safari, but none of these work - I still get a new note appearing with a text link.