Printing from Scrivener

I needed to print the document I’m working on in the editor. I’m using v. 2.8.1 on an iMac running Sierra. Under the file menu is the option to print document. I chose that, the printer dialog for the Brother HL-L2390DW shows the correct number of pages I should get. I select double sided printing for all pages and select print. The printer processes the data from the computer but then goes back to sleep. I had to resort to going through the print sequence again. The Mac gave me an alert about adding the new print job to a reserve or going on with the current job. When I selected that option I got TWO copies of my document. Scrivener is the only program that gives me this problem. Any clues about how to get it to just print? Thanks, John

BTW: I inadvertently posted this to the Windows forum. Don’t know how to delete it from there.

I didn’t try to follow the explanation of the problem you had, but the best solution may be to just compile that one document to a PDF file, then print that. It doesn’t add a lot of time and gives you more control over formatting.

I later worked on an old project that opened in version 2.5. I clicked on the document in the editor and pressed Command P. Scrivener sent the document to the printer through the normal steps and I got the document immediately after the printer processed the data. Apparently it is a version bug.

I have a problem with printing. If I liked to print, I get the following message:

Also if I would like to convert the document in pdf.
What can I do to remove the mistake?