NiaD 8: Live and Let NiaD

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:54 am Post

Wanted to add my hurrah here and am looking forward to reading everyone's stuff!!!

My chapter feels "chunkier" than usual, but I am so happy to have been able to go again this year. I think I got very lucky with my chapter assignment: being of a perfect size/nature that I could handle and finish on time* -- as I am recovering right now from some surgery which slows me down with extended/concentrated activities.

gr

* Well, soft+1, anyway.
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

TerryTalksFiction
Platform: Mac

Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:39 am Post

This is great! I’m loving reading through what everyone did and seeing how all our separate styles mesh together! :D
I’m wondering what the policy is on sharing the material? Is it acceptable to link through to the download on social media platforms and the like so friends and family can find it? :lol:

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:48 am Post

Just clocked the cover of Auld Lang Syne ... jeezzze .... the upwelling of emotion it evoked in me! Hope there are no literal connotations there Rog :(
Looks like you've pulled off another feat of literary endurance and achievement.
Well done Rog (piggy).

Hope all you Niaders enjoyed yourselves and are proud of your achievements.
Looking forward to this evening's window of opportunity for a great read.
Take care,and Good Luck,
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

homeport

Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:46 am Post

Thank you for all your hard work Rog, has been much fun, the writing, the involvement in forum during the day, the whole day. What we do here with our different abilities we should all be proud of and we have you Rog to thank for that.
I also apologise for the extra text that somehow I missed in my chapter I swear I was not trying to just add to word count
Best wishes every one enjoy the read and let’s start looking forward to the next one :D
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

auxbuss

Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:27 am Post

Just want to add my thanks to Rog for what is an amazing day. A unique day. There's nothing like it.

th
thegirlclaudia

Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:30 am Post

Thanks all who participated and especially Rog!

I was surprised that, in the book containing my contribution, another author repeated one of my key phrases, word for word. Miraculous coincidence. :)

AB
AB17

Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:54 am Post

That was a lot of fun - thanks to all.

And especially Rog, of course - I hope you have a suitably darkened room to lie down in now.

I'm not sure what future use my research into Chicago schools will ever be, but what the heck. It was a blast.

homeport

Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:01 pm Post

The cup icon update is it 8 or are we missing 8 and going straight to 9
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Camy
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:24 pm Post

homeport wrote:The cup icon update is it 8 or are we missing 8 and going straight to 9

I think Auld Lang Syne is the one for 2018 - just a bit late.

MacPro 7.5 - Scrivener & Scapple
Lenovo - Ubuntu/Win 8.1- Scrivener & Scapple

auxbuss

Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:29 pm Post

homeport wrote:The cup icon update is it 8 or are we missing 8 and going straight to 9

It depends on which timeline you're on.

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:38 pm Post

Okay, I've had a nice snooze and a spot of breakfast. Glad you all seem to have enjoyed the experience! To answer a few questions that have cropped up "overnight"...

The forum badges are now live (they actually went live at about 11pm yesterday)! This year's NiaD is the 2018 NiaD, just slightly delayed, so if you are one of the TWO people to have taken part in every single NiaD, your badge code would be...

Code: Select all

[url=http://novelinaday.com][img]www.pigfender.com/NiaD_Badge/1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8.png[/img][/url]
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

homeport

Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:40 pm Post

Just two

pigfender

Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:47 pm Post

TerryTalksFiction wrote:I’m wondering what the policy is on sharing the material? Is it acceptable to link through to the download on social media platforms and the like so friends and family can find it? :lol:

Yes, sharing the books is both acceptable and encouraged! The full copyright info is here. Essentially, you're not allowed to sell the book or borrow/steal the plot for other things, but you can give away copies of what we've produced for free as long as you keep all the copyright notices etc in the book.

You can even remix them using the Scrivener project file if you like, to create a version with your preferred chapter blend. Alternative covers (one with a grey 'sticker' and one with no sticker) are included in the Scrivener project file if you're so inclined!
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

pigfender

Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:59 pm Post

AmberV wrote:Thanks for another year of it, Piggy! And thanks for letting us pick over the project again, too.

Yes, for anyone who is interested, the Scrivener project file (available on the book's library page) contains all the chapter briefs that everyone received, and some Scapple maps used to plan the book out. The compile setting used are also available for download on the same page.

Big thanks to everyone who took part. We had three people not submit in the end which caused the slightly late posting of the completed books (although all 9 versions were actually finished and on my desktop by 23:57, it just took a bit of time to upload them and write the pages with the right links!), but HUGE THANKS to Keith, Ioa and the whole team at LL for generously hosting the event for the past 8 years, and for making Scrivener and Scapple, without which attempting this kind of event would be inconceivable!

homeport

Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:03 pm Post

ROG you made me question whether I was one of those two so I went to library and checked that I was involved in every book. Would not want a icon if not earned. I can say proudly I am.