NiaD 8: Live and Let NiaD

Horizontal icicles, eh! I wish I’d known about that when I wrote the chapter. Did you put that in yours?
((You know that in the UK the weather is a very popular topic of conversation. Can talk about it for hours!)) 8)

Wow I barely slept and I’m up now waiting for everything to come together!

Probably several. Excited

I think we’re the only group using the forum at the moment. 11 of us are online. It’s probably the rush of adrenaline, that feeling of euphoria, that’s keeping us awake day and night - even though we’ve completed the task and need our beauty sleep.
We also want to read the book(s) "wot we wrote! "

I just found a mistake in my editing and have couple lines doubled up can you pretend you had load scotch while reading it

Well… you can read it NOW!
https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/auld-lang-syne-niad-2018/44248/1

YES!!!

Well, I’m sitting in my back garden enjoying the morning sun while leisurely eating a very late breakfast. There are many good things about being Australian, this is one of them,

Yay!

Yea!!!
Thank you, Pigfender. Woohoo!!! :smiley:

Wouldn’t that be the Horizontally Icy City?

Do they all end the same way?

There was a surprising lack of weather in my chapter (must have been indoors).
We also talk of the weather here in Australia, especially in Melbourne. The joke about Melbourne is that if you don’t like the weather, wait 15 minutes. A little unfair – sometimes it takes a few hours…
Recent example: It was 45°C (approx 113°F) here on Friday (much hotter in other areas – it was a bad day). Just after 3:00pm it dropped to about 27°C (80°F) in about 15 minutes.

I gave up waiting for an answer. I see the bones were there. So they do end sort of the same. :smiley:
Nicely done, Sir! Thank you for a lot of fun, Sir.

Thanks for another year of it, Piggy! And thanks for letting us pick over the project again, too.

I think weather was quite irrelevant in my chapter. So was Chicago, for that matter, and pretty much all of the characters. But what a fun chapter. :slight_smile:

This was awesome! Thanks so much.

Wanted to add my hurrah here and am looking forward to reading everyone’s stuff!!!

My chapter feels “chunkier” than usual, but I am so happy to have been able to go again this year. I think I got very lucky with my chapter assignment: being of a perfect size/nature that I could handle and finish on time* – as I am recovering right now from some surgery which slows me down with extended/concentrated activities.

gr

• Well, soft+1, anyway.

This is great! I’m loving reading through what everyone did and seeing how all our separate styles mesh together! :smiley:
I’m wondering what the policy is on sharing the material? Is it acceptable to link through to the download on social media platforms and the like so friends and family can find it? :laughing:

Just clocked the cover of Auld Lang Syne … jeezzze … the upwelling of emotion it evoked in me! Hope there are no literal connotations there Rog :frowning:
Looks like you’ve pulled off another feat of literary endurance and achievement.
Well done Rog (piggy).

Hope all you Niaders enjoyed yourselves and are proud of your achievements.
Looking forward to this evening’s window of opportunity for a great read.
Take care,and Good Luck,
Vic

Thank you for all your hard work Rog, has been much fun, the writing, the involvement in forum during the day, the whole day. What we do here with our different abilities we should all be proud of and we have you Rog to thank for that.
I also apologise for the extra text that somehow I missed in my chapter I swear I was not trying to just add to word count
Best wishes every one enjoy the read and let’s start looking forward to the next one :smiley: