NiaD 8: Live and Let NiaD

• Incredibly disciplined.
  • Brilliant, rapid writer.
  • Skimped on research.

Only one of those is true.

I did take the cat out for a walk, though.

I did! It’s a huge city with a ton of culture, but I love living in Portland Oregon now more. It’s easier for raising a family. I do miss Chicago dogs though.

For a while I lived just north of Chicago in southern Wisconsin. My memory of Chicago in winter is horizontal icicles! It’s hard to think of a more emphatic way of showing why it is known as the Windy City.

Whew! Well, that was a scramble at the end!! Got my chapter in with ten minutes left on the countdown clock (sorry Rog!).
Man, timezones suck :'O
Hopefully it’s still okay - it feels much less polished than the fiction I usually write, but then again I usually have four+ drafts of that rather than the simple two drafts I had to go with this time!
Looking forward to reading what we’ve all created together!

Horizontal icicles, eh! I wish I’d known about that when I wrote the chapter. Did you put that in yours?
((You know that in the UK the weather is a very popular topic of conversation. Can talk about it for hours!)) 8)

Wow I barely slept and I’m up now waiting for everything to come together!

Probably several. Excited

I think we’re the only group using the forum at the moment. 11 of us are online. It’s probably the rush of adrenaline, that feeling of euphoria, that’s keeping us awake day and night - even though we’ve completed the task and need our beauty sleep.
We also want to read the book(s) "wot we wrote! "

I just found a mistake in my editing and have couple lines doubled up can you pretend you had load scotch while reading it

Well… you can read it NOW!
https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/auld-lang-syne-niad-2018/44248/1

YES!!!

Well, I’m sitting in my back garden enjoying the morning sun while leisurely eating a very late breakfast. There are many good things about being Australian, this is one of them,

Yay!

Yea!!!
Thank you, Pigfender. Woohoo!!! :smiley:

Wouldn’t that be the Horizontally Icy City?

Do they all end the same way?

There was a surprising lack of weather in my chapter (must have been indoors).
We also talk of the weather here in Australia, especially in Melbourne. The joke about Melbourne is that if you don’t like the weather, wait 15 minutes. A little unfair – sometimes it takes a few hours…
Recent example: It was 45°C (approx 113°F) here on Friday (much hotter in other areas – it was a bad day). Just after 3:00pm it dropped to about 27°C (80°F) in about 15 minutes.

I gave up waiting for an answer. I see the bones were there. So they do end sort of the same. :smiley:
Nicely done, Sir! Thank you for a lot of fun, Sir.

Thanks for another year of it, Piggy! And thanks for letting us pick over the project again, too.

I think weather was quite irrelevant in my chapter. So was Chicago, for that matter, and pretty much all of the characters. But what a fun chapter. :slight_smile:

This was awesome! Thanks so much.