NiaD 8: Live and Let NiaD

BAH
BAH
And BAH again

Realizing that, unlike in past year, Mr Bacon changed the preamble (the pages of preamble) and accosting him privately about it, I have successfully realized … BAH

First person is a favorite mode. But dang it’s not fun moving something back to FP when you need the idea of the narrator to make side plots where alien pirates do a body snatch on the president’s wife via their dolphin ships. I now have to get something that would experiential to the damn brief!

Also, I’m not sure how to think of this one. Piggy, are we writing this like sci-fi revisit or a alternate timeline or … Throw my no longer breathing dogs a bone so I can get past the nonsense and into a real pirate/dolphin/sailing monkey mess of a plot!

BAH

Details are what you CHOOSE to make them. We are each writing an interpretation of the brief provided. The goal is less about cohesive story telling and more about how creativity can morph a story line in fantastic ways.

And if you are me the brief is really just Piggy’s pipe-dream of keeping a few of us bad actors in line. I’LL SHOW HIM!

Seriously though. Just be creative and enjoy the wonderful outline Rog puts out there. He really does the hard work so we can just sit, make a quickie outline and let the crazy story brain loose to guide the fingers.

So are we saying this genre is sci fi I can open up a black hole in the office :smiley: and that Matts boss has no name because he does not really exist

They are already best friends in 1995, although only for about a year or two.

I know what I thought the genre was. Your interpretation may well vary!

Yes, but you can pick it.

You can fill in whatever blanks you like! Don’t worry too much about continuity. Some discrepancies are inevitable, and likely dwarfed by the difference in writers voices across the various chapters!

Really? The character notes for Alison say that she’s from Indianapolis and only moved to Chicago for University.

the facts are the she is found. Meet is up to you, but considering age and year… it’s not terribly difficult to see how they might meet without being in the same place. But it may help to be old enough to have lived in an era WITHOUT facetime, skype and google…

Hints right there.

QUACK NEIGH OINK

Every year I tell you to make sure you read it, even if you’ve done it before. It’s all been one long (eight year) set up to give you this minor inconvenience for my amusement.

You do add a lot of dolphins to your first and second drafts.

Very sorry to hear about your dogs. Especially since it sounds like they’re the ones who have been editing out the dolphins in previous years. I know how I’d have written it, but if I wanted a book written like how I’d have written it, I’d have written it, and I didn’t so clearly don’t,

(Seriously, though. Sorry to hear about your dogs, Jaysen.)

Aaargh. You’re right! Sorry I miss interpreted your question as when do Lucy and Matt meet. Oops!!!

Whether Matt and Lucy meet Alison or just prove her existence in 1995 is up to you!

You are the ruling deity of your chapter!

The dogs did the rough edits before the Mrs got to it. I tried to use Vic-K for that once, but the feds came knocking to make sure there weren’t people being held against their will or some kind of sex dungeon they didn’t know about. Really though, like all dogs, they were just happy to participate and be acknowledged as “existing in my time/space”. Occasionally they would be eager to existing the EXACT space at the EXACT time I was already existing but they were big and fuzzy and quick to take naps post NiaD.

They LOVED dolphins. Dolphin removal was more the Mrs Boss Lady than Dozer or Mindy. They were always asking “can we get a stinky breath fishy thing in this sentence too?” That was their way of describing dolphins. It was cute.

In my chapter, the President’s wife IS a saucer-piloting dolphin. Is that going to cause continuity problems?

That depends. President of what?

Piggy, you ready for submissions?

NiaD 2018*

For anyone keeping score, the first chapter came in at 9:18 AM this morning!
Once I’ve received your chapter and checked I can open the file* I’ll send you an email and update your name not he sign up sheet to bold text.

Note, as we get close to the deadlines, it might start to take some time, especially as I often gt a lot of last minutes questions in the last few hours too!

• yes every year there are 2 or 3 corrupt files received that won’t open and I ned to chase.

Hi everybody!

Just opening my laptop and getting on with it! My chapter is a bit sparse on details which means that I get to play around and have fun, hehehehe.

Sure! Get 'em in early.