NiaD 8: Live and Let NiaD

[size=130]NOTE: NIAD 8 HAS FINISHED - THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK PART!![/size]

On Saturday January 26th 2019, we’ll be taking part in NiaD VIII… Our EIGHTH event to pool the collective talents of writers from around the world and write a damn fine book in just a single 24-hour period!

What is it?
Novel-in-a-Day is an annual event where a group of writers from across the planet get together and write a novel. A whole novel. In a single day.

If you’re new to NiaD please check out the FAQs for more details and background, but essentially:

1. At midnight (UK time) on the day of the event you’ll be emailed a brief of what you need to include in your chapter.
  2. You go away and write your section without any knowledge of the wider story or where your chapter fits in the book.
  3. You return your chapter by 8pm (UK time) at which point it’s turned into ePub, mobi and PDF books using the magic of Scrivener, ready for publication on or around midnight.

How do I sign up?
If you’re up for the challenge of taking part (and have read the FAQs to know what you’re letting yourself in for), let me know by posting in this thread! If you’ve never taken part before, you’ll be contacted via private forum message with the next steps, so keep an eye out!

We’ll be keeping the registration open until a few days before the event to produce as many versions of the book as the number of participants allows, so invite your writing friends to sign up too!

Check the start and submission deadlines in your local timezone
Starts: countdown or time
Submission deadline: countdown or time
Ends: countdown or time

[size=130]NOTE: NIAD 8 HAS FINISHED - THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK PART!![/size]

This post will be updated as people register their interest, to save people trawling through what I’m somewhat optimistically hoping will be a long thread!

The following people have registered:
- AB17
- AmberV
- Apsley
- auxbuss
- Camy
- ConradG
- Daurmith
- Deruji
- drbruce
- Evil Overlord
- gothcabbage
- gr
- hallda01
- homeport
- JacquelineM
- Jaysen
- JDSalt
- katlovergilpin
- Kayden
- Luscinia Evan
- MissBlue
- nom
- pacifika
- padaro
- paradox927
- pete340
- Rollerdiva
- sanu
- scrapsandsass
- Shift
- Tanith
- tanyareed
- TerryTalksFiction
- thegirlclaudia
- VDGriesdoorn
- xandria

Which makes 36!

I’m in.

Deal me in.

I’m ready to ruin another chapter. Offend the rest of the participants by appending my name to the list!

I guess the smell of burning bacon that has been detected via various global sensor was really just Mr Piggy thinking. I was getting worried something bad was happening. like real bacon was being burned.

Me in count.

[size=85]At last! Finally I can stop late night lurking and compulsively pressing refresh to see if there’s been an announcement[/size]

o/

I have been patiently stalking the forum for this news. So excited. I’m in! :slight_smile:

grr!

loosely translated: “count me in!”

¡Holaaaaaa! Can I join this year too, pleaaase? I probably shouldn’t but it’s always too much fun to miss!

I want in!

Also hi.

HELL YES.

I’m in! Ready to try for the first time.

Whoo-hooooooo! I am so in!

Hi there, hallda01!

As a first timer, there are a few things we need to check first. I’ll send you a direct message later today when I’m at my laptop with detail, or you could shortcut the delay by sending me a message via novelinaday.com/contact answering all the questions (including the writing sample, and letting me know your forum handle - ie hallda01)

Everyone else… welcome back!

Hiya Pig,

I’m in! Technically, this will be my first time but I did get approved last NiaD. I ended up having to withdraw because of a reunion trip that came up which would’ve made it too difficult for me to participate.

Let me know if you need me to respond to the first-timers thing again, happy to send another writing sample if necessary.

Please count me in for NiaD VIII !

I am in too :slight_smile:

Yes, please, count me in. It was such fun last time…

/in

Yay! Glad to be back in the fold. And… where did you peeps get those great NIAD badges in your signatures? #WANT