What's the plan Mr Bacon?

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:02 pm Post

gr wrote:
lunk wrote:Who are you paying..? :shock:

Hell. Hell to pay. Hell to pay in the person of the guilty party.

-gr

But "hell to pay" suggest that you inflict hell towards those that you pay, not that you should pay hell, the location, or am I missing something? :shock:

Oh, wait, it was short for "hell of a lot of money" perhaps? If so, yes, by all means, do go ahead and pay! :D
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running Mojave.
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:32 pm Post

gr wrote: ... there will be hell to pay.

If I said
* wrote: ... there will be vick to pay.

what would your interpretation be?
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:50 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:

If I said

If grrr grrrr, goes true to form, his response will probably be along the lines of : " Vick is such a benefactory beneficiary, he'll probably return the payment with a bonus."
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:58 pm Post

vic-k wrote:
Jaysen wrote:

If I said

If grrr grrrr, goes true to form, his response will probably be along the lines of : " Vick is such a benefactory beneficiary, he'll probably return the payment with a bonus."

He's clearly forgotten about the requirement to support retail therapy.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

slpwlkr
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:07 pm Post

gr wrote:I still think someone should be sacrificed. To propitiate the NaIADs, fend off the pigs, roger the muses, tame the timorous. All that. Plus, there's nothing like a good barbeque.

Doug what you did there. Quite gregarious of you. A ray of sunshine. I assume you're joking? People talk rubbishalot.
all your sanity
and wits
they will all
vanish
I promise
it's just a
matter of time

Jaysen

Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:37 pm Post

slpwlkr wrote:
gr wrote:I still think someone should be sacrificed. To propitiate the NaIADs, fend off the pigs, roger the muses, tame the timorous. All that. Plus, there's nothing like a good barbeque.

Doug what you did there. Quite gregarious of you. A ray of sunshine. I assume you're joking? People talk rubbishalot.

That's all some of us ever talk.
Jaysen

ImageImage

gr

Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:56 pm Post

slpwlkr wrote:

...I assume you're joking? People talk rubbishalot.

OMG. To think that I should be the one to have awakened the Sleepwalker. :shock: This hasn't happened to me since Godzilla!
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

scrapsandsass
Platform: Windows

Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:19 am Post

Congrats on the new job, piggy.

As for NiaD, I am up for it any time, and am only slightly disappointed that it didn't fall around my birthday this year. :wink:
Kimberlee
Scraps & Sass
ImageImage

ConradG

Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:09 pm Post

Was hoping for it in October, but very much understand it needs to fit in with your life. It is a gift whenever it comes.

Looking forward to it whenever.
ImageImage

pigfender

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:26 pm Post

For those that haven’t seen - we now have a date and a sign up sheet! Woohoo!
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
Image Image

auxbuss
Platform: Mac

Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:55 pm Post

pigfender wrote:For those that haven’t seen - we now have a date and a sign up sheet! Woohoo!

So, I flung in my hat, and now I see the date is the day after Burns Night. I hope there's a Scottish angle, because mine is likely to be "crowd sourced" with a variety of Alba dialects from midnight to 3am. A Doric chapter would be a challenge :-)
ImageImage

Jaysen

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:09 pm Post

pigfender wrote:- gr✸
- nom✸

Again? And no explanation... again? Are the marked as "handlers of the *"? The garbage collectors? Too likely to create NSFW prose?

WHAT'S THE * FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?
Jaysen

ImageImage

Jaysen

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:11 pm Post

AND YOU HAVE THE DAMNABLE * AFTER NAMES!!! AGAIN!!!!
Jaysen

ImageImage

pigfender

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:51 pm Post

Answering that question would be in direct conflict with our official policy on the matter.
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
Image Image

Jaysen

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:02 pm Post

pigfender wrote:Answering that question would be in direct conflict with our official policy on the matter.

WHICH IS WHY YOU GET ALL CAPS AND EXCESSIVE EXCLAMATION MARKS IN ALL REPLIES!!!!!!
Jaysen

ImageImage