[LH2621] Composition Mode Makes Scrivener Go Dark

Sparrowhawk
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:38 am Post

Like, unusable it's so dark. I can barely read the text and the background is dark instead of white.
Last edited by Sparrowhawk on Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You will find more evidence of the ridiculousness of humanity in the bathroom mirror than any other place in the world.

rg
rgletter
Platform: Win + iOS

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:13 pm Post

You can change that in Options under "Appearance"-"Composition Mode"-(Screen Background,Text,Editor)

Sparrowhawk

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:23 pm Post

Oh, wow. Thank you. Guess it wasn't a bug then, but the default settings are nigh unusable. I'm okay with a dark editor background by default, but the text should then be light. Writing surface and font should not both be dark nor both be light!
You will find more evidence of the ridiculousness of humanity in the bathroom mirror than any other place in the world.

th
thePhilosoraptor
Platform: Windows

Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:53 pm Post

You are correct, this should not be the default settings. If you see this occur again, could you check a setting for me? Under Options > Appearances > Colors > Composition Mode > Text ---- is the checkbox labelled Override text color with color checked or unchecked?

Thank you.
Bryan Bender

Sparrowhawk

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:50 pm Post

thePhilosoraptor wrote:You are correct, this should not be the default settings. If you see this occur again, could you check a setting for me? Under Options > Appearances > Colors > Composition Mode > Text ---- is the checkbox labelled Override text color with color checked or unchecked?

Thank you.

It was checked when I first went in there with a dark grey color. I have now changed it to be a dark brown text color on a light sepia editor (the default editor was such a dark grey it was almost black).

th
thePhilosoraptor
Platform: Windows

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:55 pm Post

Thank you. That's what I thought. This has been filed.
Bryan Bender