NiaD 7: Lessons Learned

I am not entirely clear on what you are considering here. How is what you are thinking about different from providing “background information”? Or are you refer to a sort of case where part of what the chapter author would be instructed to do is include some expositing of certain story facts?

Prithee enlighten,
gr

no no no no no… no lightening… I just got out from under my rock and I don’t want to be scared back under there!!!

Hey numpty! This is Niad country … not Three word nonsense. Act like a grown up … ok?

Nevermind, I’ll find another way/story.

(00)

I can see that you are working hard trying to undermine whatever genre bets my wife and I placed – without even knowing what they are!

Hey now! there’s a lot more then tree words. But if you insist…

cork hickory ash elm oak maple … syrup… bacon… piggy … what’s the NiaD plan?

See what happened? we are back to a legit topic. Bad vic-k… bad!

tch! tch! Numpty … be very careful! Pigfender has inherited the ability to move threads about arbitrarily … cross him again and he’ll dump you, not on Scriv’s bottom deck … Latte … but in Scriv’s bilges, or as Billy Shake-y’-spear’s Prince Hambergerlet proffers, “The undiscovered country, from whose bourne no traveller returns, …” Feck knows what or who you’ll be swimming with in those fetid, putrid waters, while having to endure this, on loop youtube.com/watch?v=hpJ6anurfuw
Be very, very careful numpt. :open_mouth:

Is this Jason you’re talking about?

Very smartarsed … very droll … but beware, you’ve been warned :open_mouth:

Well, I do have nine lives, right? :smiley:

Doesn’t matter how many y’ve got … you don’t want to spend the rest of them swimming around the bilges cesspit. d’ y’? :confused:

I resr my case… 8)

Are you a cat? Blimey, I always thought you were one of those big fluffy hamster things.

If I wanted to do that, I’d hint at revisiting a previous genre.

But that would be both mean and against the rules. If I don’t insist on a new genre each time, I can’t call it quits when we’ve done them all*.

• there must be, like, only three genres left, right?!

So sorry. I already have in the wings an extended theory of genre – your own theory of genre but on steroids.* Code name: “genreRog+” or just ‘gRog’ for short. Ready to spring that on you at the first sign of danger.

gr

*You probably think I am kidding.

Is that a drumroll I hear rising in the distance?

I can come up with all sorts of genres. :wink:

Haha.

Those that follow me on Instagram will know I’ve been on holiday for a few weeks. I’ve also just started a new job. Those two between them have put a bit of (hopefully minor) disruption to our normal timetable. I’ll talk to the necessary stakeholders and see if we can’t get a date lined up.

Scraps, genre ideas are always welcome*! I’ve done no thinking at all on this yet so everything is to play for.

• GR is excluded due to conflict of interest from the wager he has with Mrs GR.

Genre:
BONDAGE&SADO-MASOCHISM, or, if y’wanna posh it up a bit … ANATOMY-PSYCHOLOGY-PHILOSOPHY.
Even more exciting, would be Niad’s first, ‘Graphic Novel’ :smiling_imp:

Hope this helps,
Vic

How about: A group of writers, most of whom have never met, decide to write a novel in 24 hours without knowing the plot or what each other is writing. Everything they write comes true…