NiaD 7: Lessons Learned

That would be me. But you took it to a dark place… a very dark place.

Not if the cat is now an alien-kid-cat , and Alien Mom is a cat lover. Could turn into a Intergalactic Easey Rider Road Trip Story
Dad-Mom-Catkid; youtube.com/watch?v=egMWlD3 … gs=pl%2Cwn

With this level of creativity I still hold that the last chapter is all yours.

Careful y’ don’t drop it, cos it’ll be a long time a-coming. :wink:

I believe the gracious Ange would help us pin you down until you delivered!

How is the real boss doing these days? Been a while since we socialized publicly.

The real boss is, very, very, very, very busy, helping very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very busy, youngest daughter and son-in-law, move into their new house. It’s been a hectic couple of months for them, but thankfully, they are at the stage where they can all sit back and enjoy the fruits of their endeavours. All the indications point to them being extremely happy there.
Fingers crossed :wink:

Congratulations on

1. raising child to resounding success
  2. managing to NOT alienate the “not-your-child-in-law”
  3. getting the real boss to abandon you for a bit.

someday I hope to demonstrate the same level of success.

Changing the subject slightly…
How do people feel about having expositional elements in their chapter briefs? I’ve tended to write off story ideas that have required any material level of exposition, but maybe I’m too sensitive?

Eh… If you have too, but part of the fun is reading the non-sense we’ve created with minimal input.

But I’m not the norm. Ever.

But how will you know that the :angry: 8) :open_mouth: :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :angry: is needed to :imp: :blush: :astonished: :stuck_out_tongue: :astonished: :blush: :astonished: :frowning: :angry: :frowning: :angry: :astonished: the :confused: :cry: :frowning: :slight_smile: :frowning: :astonished: :astonished: :cry:?
Hmmm. Ok. Back to the drawing board.

The same way I do now and the way we have done it in the past… we MAKE IT UP.

This is why Vic-k would be a NiaD God.

I am not entirely clear on what you are considering here. How is what you are thinking about different from providing “background information”? Or are you refer to a sort of case where part of what the chapter author would be instructed to do is include some expositing of certain story facts?

Prithee enlighten,
gr

no no no no no… no lightening… I just got out from under my rock and I don’t want to be scared back under there!!!

Hey numpty! This is Niad country … not Three word nonsense. Act like a grown up … ok?

Nevermind, I’ll find another way/story.

(00)

I can see that you are working hard trying to undermine whatever genre bets my wife and I placed – without even knowing what they are!

Hey now! there’s a lot more then tree words. But if you insist…

cork hickory ash elm oak maple … syrup… bacon… piggy … what’s the NiaD plan?

See what happened? we are back to a legit topic. Bad vic-k… bad!

tch! tch! Numpty … be very careful! Pigfender has inherited the ability to move threads about arbitrarily … cross him again and he’ll dump you, not on Scriv’s bottom deck … Latte … but in Scriv’s bilges, or as Billy Shake-y’-spear’s Prince Hambergerlet proffers, “The undiscovered country, from whose bourne no traveller returns, …” Feck knows what or who you’ll be swimming with in those fetid, putrid waters, while having to endure this, on loop youtube.com/watch?v=hpJ6anurfuw
Be very, very careful numpt. :open_mouth:

Is this Jason you’re talking about?

Very smartarsed … very droll … but beware, you’ve been warned :open_mouth: