Before proceeding, please see the general notes about the Windows 3.0 beta and reporting bugs in the first reply to this thread. Please do not download the current beta or post reports until you have read that information.
Current: Beta 44, version 184.108.40.206
Latest Beta 44 Download Link
220.127.116.11 (64-bit) | 18.104.22.168 (32-bit)
(The 32-bit version installs by default to C:\Program Files (x86)\Scrivener on administrator accounts; the 64-bit version installs to C:\Program Files\Scrivener. Please be sure to uninstall previous betas before installing Beta 44. If you wish, your program preferences can be saved first via the "Manage..." button in File > Options, then reloaded after the fresh installation. Bear in mind that changes between betas may affect restoring settings, and if you are experiencing oddities, please try resetting to the defaults.)
New interim betas will be posted here; please check Help > About Scrivener to ensure you are using the most recent version. You can subscribe to this topic to get notifications when new betas are released.
You can also use Help > Check for Updates in beta releases to download the latest beta.
System Requirements and Compatibility
- Scrivener 3 requires Windows 7 or above with .NET v4.6.2 or higher.
- Scrivener 3's file format has been updated and is not backwards-compatible with Scrivener 1 (or Scrivener 2 on macOS). When you open a Scrivener 1 project in Scrivener 3, you will be prompted to update the project, after which you will not be able to open it in Scrivener 1 (although a backup will be made before the update).
Installing 1.9.9 and 3.0 Beta Side by Side
It is possible to have both 1.9.9 and the Scrivener 3.0 beta installed simultaneously, but you will need to choose a different location during the installation process (e.g. change the default "Scrivener" folder name to "Scrivener3"). We suggest also changing the name of 1.9.9 shortcuts before installing Scrivener 3 to prevent the new installation overwriting them.
Please note that at this time, only the most recently installed Scrivener version will appear in the Windows Programs list, and double-clicking a project file will attempt to open it in that version. You can instead drag the project file icon onto the appropriate app icon for the version you want or use File > Open... within Scrivener to access the project.
- Qt PDF compile cuts off right edge for justified alignment 
- Text and images split across pages in PDF compile 
- Table borders compile incorrectly to PDF 
- Page View Ruler does not match paper size 
- Converting script formats hangs Scrivener 
- ebook custom toc feature doesn't locate contents file 
- Compile Page Margins loose precision after the project is closed 
- Compile Front/Back matter compile indexes drawn with offset 
- Enhance ePub image compilation 
- Warn that system doesn't support Scrivener 
- Some empty folders will cause a crash compiling to ePub 
- Composite mode word/char status bar statistics does not follow the user preferences 
- Compiling to RTF/Word decorates the Inspector footnote anchors as links. 
- Compiling Inspector footnotes attached to a bullet list crashes Scrivener 
- Conflicted .scrivx binders not shown 
- Loading documents in Scrivenings mode steals the active user focus 
Beta 44 expires 7th April 2020.
A Note on Suggestions
To help resolve remaining bugs, we'd appreciate keeping the beta forum posts dedicated to bug reports or questions on working with the beta. Suggestions for the interface or functionality should instead be posted in Scrivener's general wishlist forum, since most of these affect the design for both Windows and macOS. Thank you!
Lee & Tiho
March 27th 2020