I spent the most useful 99$ in a long time.

kewms
Platform: Mac

Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:21 pm Post

asd937 wrote:
kewms wrote:That isn't the question, though. Yes, the educational license gives you exactly the same functionality.

The question was, if you buy an educational license now, will you be eligible for the upgrade discount to Scrivener 4. I believe the answer is no.

Katherine

well, there is no talk about this anywhere may be one of L & L staff can clarify. I think it is too early to think about version 4 now.

It's not too early to think of Scrivener 2 -> Scrivener 3 upgrades, though, which are the same situation.

In any case, I've clarified with the head of sales that yes, educational licensees are entitled to upgrade discounts.

If any readers of this thread were told otherwise, please send an email with a copy of your receipt to the sales support address: sales@literatureandlatte.com

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

xiamenese

Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:27 pm Post

kewms wrote:
asd937 wrote:
kewms wrote:That isn't the question, though. Yes, the educational license gives you exactly the same functionality.

The question was, if you buy an educational license now, will you be eligible for the upgrade discount to Scrivener 4. I believe the answer is no.

Katherine

well, there is no talk about this anywhere may be one of L & L staff can clarify. I think it is too early to think about version 4 now.

It's not too early to think of Scrivener 2 -> Scrivener 3 upgrades, though, which are the same situation.

In any case, I've clarified with the head of sales that yes, educational licensees are entitled to upgrade discounts.

If any readers of this thread were told otherwise, please send an email with a copy of your receipt to the sales support address: sales@literatureandlatte.com

Katherine

True … I've just done this for a former student in China, now a lecturer there. However, the discount is on the full price, not a discount on the educational price, which was fine by me. No complaints.

Mark
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
iMac 27" (late 2015) 10.15.6, 24GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSID
2017 iPad, iPadOS 14, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

as
asd937
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:11 pm Post

xiamenese wrote:True … I've just done this for a former student in China, now a lecturer there. However, the discount is on the full price, not a discount on the educational price, which was fine by me. No complaints.
Mark

Fair enough :)

KB
Site Admin

Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:04 pm Post

Educational licences *are* eligible for discounted update pricing, just the same as the regular version. Scrivener 2 users who purchased using the educational discount have been updating to Scrivener 3 at the $25 update price just the same as regular licence holders, and the same will be true in the future (not that I'm even *thinking* about Scrivener 4 yet!). The only difference is with cross-grades, as mentioned up-thread. Other than that one minor difference, the only difference between the educational and regular licences are the price.

Katherine, can you please point me to where a different impression is given? We'll need to fix that.

asd937 - many thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you are finding value in Scrivener and Scapple, and welcome to the forums!

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

kewms

Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:46 pm Post

KB wrote:Educational licences *are* eligible for discounted update pricing, just the same as the regular version. Scrivener 2 users who purchased using the educational discount have been updating to Scrivener 3 at the $25 update price just the same as regular licence holders, and the same will be true in the future (not that I'm even *thinking* about Scrivener 4 yet!). The only difference is with cross-grades, as mentioned up-thread. Other than that one minor difference, the only difference between the educational and regular licences are the price.

Katherine, can you please point me to where a different impression is given? We'll need to fix that.

Not in our published materials, as far as I know. There were a few cases through the support queue. -- Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

as
asd937

Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:13 pm Post

KB wrote:Educational licences *are* eligible for discounted update pricing, just the same as the regular version. Scrivener 2 users who purchased using the educational discount have been updating to Scrivener 3 at the $25 update price just the same as regular licence holders, and the same will be true in the future (not that I'm even *thinking* about Scrivener 4 yet!). The only difference is with cross-grades, as mentioned up-thread. Other than that one minor difference, the only difference between the educational and regular licences are the price.

asd937 - many thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you are finding value in Scrivener and Scapple, and welcome to the forums!

All the best,
Keith

Thanks to you Keith for clarification.

as
asd937

Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:11 pm Post

just got the ios Scrivener version, working great, I think I will not get a new laptop soon, as I can use ios version on the go. I wish for ios Scapple now
Thanks L & L

Ni
NicolasG
Platform: Windows

Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:10 am Post

Hello,

I'm about to buy Scrivener for Windows. Are standard version and educational version include same content ?

Best,
Nicolas

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:25 am Post

NicolasG wrote:I'm about to buy Scrivener for Windows. Are standard version and educational version include same content ?

Didn’t you read this thread?
There are no standard an educational versions, only different prices for the same product.
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, running different OS.
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

Ni
NicolasG
Platform: Windows

Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:13 pm Post

Oh yes I just read it was answered above... thank you for the answer.