Default fonts

Li
Lizphibian
Platform: Mac + iOS

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:53 pm Post

I’ve been using Scrivener on my MacBook for a couple years, but I just downloaded Scrivener for my iPad Pro and synced all my projects through Dropbox.

Everything seems to be working fine, but I’m wondering if there’s a way to set a default font for a new text file like there is in the Mac version of Scrivener. All my files are written in 14pt Courier, and it’s kind of a pain to have to reset the formatting for every new text file I create.

Alternatively, if I want to just switch all my existing text files to the Palatino 13pt default, is there a way to change the font in multiple text files at a time? Or do I have to go through them one by one to highlight and change the font?

Thanks for the help!

Silverdragon

Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:11 am Post

Conceptually, it works much the same as the Mac:
  • Set up a paragraph with the default formatting you want, and put your cursor inside it.
  • Tap the paintbrush icon in the top toolbar.
  • Tap the "Formatting Options" item.
IMG_3280.jpg
IMG_3280.jpg (145.25 KiB) Viewed 445 times

• To set your default formatting for new documents, tap the "Set as Default Formatting" item. (see below.)
  • To use the formatting, select the paragraphs you want to convert, the follow the steps above, but tap "Use Default Formatting" instead.
So far as I know, there's not a way on iOS to do this to more than one document at a time.

Hope this helps!
IMG_3281.jpg
IMG_3281.jpg (342.03 KiB) Viewed 445 times
So you know where I'm coming from:
  • I'm a user, not an L&L employee.
  • Mac Scrivener 3.0.2, MacBook Air 11, MacOS 10.12.6 (Sierra)
  • IOS Scrivener 1.1.5, iPhone 6s, iPad Air 2, iOS 11.4

Li
Lizphibian

Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:03 am Post

Silverdragon wrote:Hope this helps!

That’s exactly what I was looking for, thank you!