New here about the beta and licence upgrade

ak
aktiff26
Platform: Windows

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:27 am Post

I am from México and i adquire your software 2 weeks ago. When scrivener 3 are ready i will be upgrade for free? I have to do anything? In how many machines i can install my educational licence?. When the v3 was ready

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:49 am Post

Hi, aktiff26, and welcome to the forums! Since you purchased a licence for the Windows 1.x version since 20 November 2017, the upgrade to 3.0 will be free for you; you'll be able to get an upgraded licence when 3.0 is released for Windows. Normally, minor point updates (e.g. 3.0 to 3.1, 3.2, etc.) are free and major updates (1.x to 2.x, 2.x to 3.x, etc.) are paid, with a discount for existing users. However, because we weren't able to release 3.0 on both macOS and Windows simultaneously, this is a special case, and new Windows licences include the upgrade to 3.0.

Scrivener 3.0 for Windows should be released later this year.

Scrivener's licence (whether standard or educational) is a "household" licence, which allows you to install Scrivener on multiple computers that you own (or are the single user of, e.g. a work computer). You can read more details here.

Thanks for supporting Scrivener!
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)