WordPerfect and Scrivener

Hello. If this is in the wrong place organizationally,please relocate it or whatever. I’m not sure if my questions cross any organizational borders.

I like WordPerfect, hate Word, and have grown to be a fan of Scrivener. I use Scrivener in iOS, and WordPerfect in Windows 10. My question is, through the revamped complie process, can you easily send a project to a WordPerfect environment via Import/export/complie? Can you easily,easily, seamlessly import a WordPerfect doc from a Windows environment to the Mac based Scrivener 3?

I’m trying to find a work-around between the Windows Scrivener to Scrivener 3 Mac one-way Street. Any insight you have is most welcome.

Regards,
TheBard

We do not support the WordPerfect format directly. RTF is Scrivener’s native format, and is probably the best choice.

For the specific question of working between Windows Scrivener and Mac Scrivener 3, though, a better solution would be Scrivener 3’s File -> Export -> As Scrivener 2 Project command, though. Windows Scrivener 1.9 uses the Mac Scrivener 2.8 format.

Katherine

Here are my experiences, rather dated but the ultimate solution of using Nisus to convert WP to RTF still applies; dfay.fastmail.fm/wordperfect/

I still keep a virtual machine with WIN 98 and WP8 , and DosBox with WP 6.1 around on my Mac, but I haven’t needed them in years because Nisus’ import has improved considerably.

Katherine,
Should I use the same sequence when working between Windows Scrivener and IOS Scrivener?

Thanks,
TheBard

iOS Scrivener can use either the Scrivener 2 or the Scrivener 3 project format (though it can’t convert between them). It works fine with Win Scrivener 1.9.

Katherine

I’ve never explored this section of the forums before and only just saw this thread, so this is probably too late to be of help, but just in case…

WordPerfect is my word processor of choice still, and I have for years now used Scrivener and then compiled to rtf. WP opens an rtf file just fine.